This is not about a race


RUN! I just want to RUN and leave everything else behind. RUN for fun, for JOY for the courage and power it gives me. Not for time, not for anyone else... but for me. To have time alone to BREATH in and breath out... to focus on life and what God is calling me to. To rest in the peace and stillness of the morning air and breath in the day finding purpose and joy for who God has created me to be.

This is not about a race... it never needs to be about time, or measuring up to anyone else... its about what God can do to me, thru me and for me while I run.

I was spose to run 3 miles today and 8 miles tomorrow (long run for the week) but I decided to do 8 today and rest tomorrow cause we have a cross country meet Saturday and I know I will do over 3 miles while coaching that event...
My husbands work has been a bit crazy... long hours and we both needed rest... last night I slept 9.5 hours! I woke up feeling sooooo much better! The weather was cool this morning.. so I decided to wear my tights.... but feeling my blood sugar was low I ate a bit of orange... my body has been us to early breakfast and after sleeping so long I needed something... i decided to make some hot tea with a bit of sugar.. I drank 1/4 or it and started to head out the door... I stood outside for a few minutes and decided to change into shorts :) it was 69 degrees and a 5mph wind! perfect

I really wanted to run the WHOLE THING... I knew it wouldnt be fast... but I really wanted to feel confident and possitive when I finished... so I decided to give it a shot. I started running and didnt stop. ... until I was finished. I had TWO running highs.... and the new ipod music really helped push thru those little spots when I thought about walking. A few days ago I bought the Soul Surfer soundtrack and LOVE IT! ... this is one of my favorite songs:

" Do you know that theres still a chance for you.... cause there's a spark in you.. you just got to ignite the light....and let it shine"


I love this song because it speaks to the challenge of starting over.... of beginning again and of not quiting.... of becoming who you were meant to be... no matter how long it takes.

We were MADE TO SHINE!

I am thrilled my run was so great.... its inspiring to feel "like a runner" again :) ... I snapped my shadow as I ran along.. and I love how tall I am!! yay! running  makes you taller! who knew! ha.






After I had an awesome smoothie! 

My donut, my hotdog, my chips and dip, my cookies, my sodas... its right there now... its a smoothie... what I crave... what i love. ....











years ago I if you would have predicted my future... I  so wouldnt believe it.. .. I would have laughed if someone would have told me "Ruthie.. you will be a running coach, a avid runner yourself, training for your (you have no idea what #) half marathon and you love fruit."... what? me? you must be joking. THIS. CAN'T BE ME.

If I can turn my life of sugar addiction around, If I can learn to LOVE running, if I can be this fit at my age after being so unhealthy... anyone can... simply remembering .... 
This is not about a race... it never needs to be about time, or measuring up to anyone else... its about what God can do to me, thru me and for me while I run.

Comments

The Warrior Suz said…
Ruthie you continue to inspire.
Josha said…
I love it! And running has actually made me taller! I'm almost an inch taller since I started running! I loved reading your post (sorry I've been such a lame blog-friend)
You are a fun inspiration!