Better late than Never.

Hubby had to open the Rec Center this morning. For the past few weeks I have gone with  him and as he goes to work at 5 I go for a run. But this morning.. eventhough I was spose to do 5 miles today.... I was just toooooo tired. I took him to work and came back and went straight to bed. I woke up 3 hours later and TOO late to go for a run.

I debated all day to skip it... only do part of it... or have track practice count as  my workout.
I really really want to improve my time on the half and I really want to get a bit of this weight off my mid section I put on from my lower mileage ..... so.... I ran after practice tonight.

I only did four miles. I decided to let the mile or so i did at practice count toward my over all mileage for the day. I ran a bit and did just a tad of hill work. ....
My four miles was hard, but good. I wanted to quit but I didnt. I ended up doing 4 miles in 36 min. which is not bad considering I walked and sprinted the last mile n a half.

The first 2 miles of the 4 were good. I did the 2 miles in about 17 mins... I would love to get that down to 15 mins before the half rolls around.

The main thing is that after I finished I was tired, I was nasty sweaty, and I was refreshed. The stresses of the day were gone, I was relaxed and happy I finished. I am looking forward to my nine miler on Thursday :) Nice easy 9 miles. :) yay!


Comments