Drought Tired

I am tired of not getting enough rest.... try as I might.... its just not happening... was oooo so tempted this morning to drink some hot tea before track.. but I didnt.
It's not that i go to bed extreamly late... that I stay up watching Dave or Jay.... Its that if I want to get up at 415 so I can go for a 4 mile run before 6am practice then I have to be asleep by 9 at the latest... BEFORE THE SUN DOWN... .
Running after track practice isnt an option.. HOT by 730
Running on the dread  mill IS an option but oh how I hate the dread mill...

So, yet again I go thru my day... hopefully which will include atleast an hour nap and then try to get everything done so I can go to bed earlier than dark thirty.


I use to love LOVE love summer... and I do... but for the fact of this stupid drought....
 ("The current drought is now considered the third-worst ever experienced in Texas",)
Its sprinkled 2 days ago.. that was the first liquid fall from the sky in months and months. Its depressing with no rain.... most people don't water their yards (we do)... and so every where we go grass is brown and crispy.... Its depressing because you wonder  will it EVER rain again? and what if it doesnt...  why do I live here instead of the tropics? ... ha...

But all we can do is pray for rain and count our blessings... I know fall and winter isnt far away eventhough it is 105 ... someday soon it will be 40 degrees and raining! Until then.... I will do what I can.... sleep when I can.. run when I can....
and be thankful that I have a desire to run... a dream of running miles and miles and miles.. instead of wishing, waiting and complaining I couldnt like that couch potato I use to be :)

Comments