legs

My ankle is doing great! just a little tad of swelling still to go away so I decided to hold off until sunday or monday for a nice run.

today I did some weight lifting. Legs and bis and tris.... I did some leg  extensions and then sat down on the bench to do some curls and looked at my shins in the mirror and there were veins popping out! and this crazy muscle definition going on... I just started lifting weights regularly last week.. I am doing low weight n high reps. I dont want to put on a bunch of muscle which is easy for me to do esp in my thighs and butt (thanks to all those years as catcher when i was a youngin)

Anyway.. It's interesting to me how I didnt really see my legs as being in that great of shape I had never noticed they were so lean.. from all those miles of running! ...

See! I have like lines and definition I didnt know existed!

Our brains play tricks on us you know.. esp after pretty much a rough few weeks and feeling so tired and trying to get my eats back on track... this is the pick me up I needed.

It is frustrating that getting lean happens to the legs, arms first and gradually someday ends up at the tummy. My tummy (baby skin belly) still bothers me every now and then but trying to realize its me and I wasn't made to have a 8 pack! ... I want to be fit, lean and HEALTHY...


so I had a great workout and cant wait to get a run in!! I miss it!

its my addiction

well

that and smoothies! LOL

Comments

Linda said…
Beautiful legs! Sometimes I walk by a mirror or window and notice my legs and think "Are those mine?" It's amazing what running has done for my legs. So glad your ankle is getting better, I bet you can't wait to go run.