Breakfast, Caffiene, and napping :)

I am sitting here eating a smoothie and eating a plain rice cake. THIS is my breakfast and I love it!
Pancakes, french toast, and eggs and bacon are not on the breakfast list anymore.  I have a smoothie for breakfast every single day... have pretty much since January. What I think is cool is that I  NEVER get board of it. I NEVER say 'nah a smoothie doesnt sound good today"... It's weird isnt it? I mean if I ate pancakes every single days for months I would get board of it.. I would dread the pancake breakfast ... but not with smoothies.. why?
I think it's because my body is finally getting nutrients its needed all my life. No more Cherrios and Milk with toast and OJ on the side.. THAT isnt breakfast to me anymore! Shoot... that isnt even food to me anymore. (ok maybe the OJ is)... I LOVE that my 40 year old self.... who dreamed of eating a whole box of Fruit Loops in one sitting while watching movies... is now addicted to FRUIT and the Vitamix I spent a fortune on is the most used appliance in my kitchen!

You remember I stopped caffeine again this past Sunday.... I was still having withdrawals as of yesterday. I can't believe how easy it is to get hooked on that stuff! I wasn't drinking very much... just a watered down iced tea in the afternoons and a half a glass of hot tea in the mornings, with a coke thrown in here or there.. but OH MY GOODNESS.... I had a caffeine headache even yesterday! I craved it, wanted it, needed it.. ... but didnt drink it. I tried to rest but only managed 1 hour nap.... I hope to get about a 3 hour nap in today.... which makes me sound like a complete bum... but getting up at 415am requires me to nap some... I feel like I havent made up my missed sleep from 2 weeks ago anyway... like I am running on empty. (Oh for a vacation to a beach side resort where I could lay in a hammock and sleep the day away)

I ran just a tad at track practice this monring. I planned on running on the treadmill but forgot I told my dd I would take her and a friend and the dogs to the doggie park :).... so off we go... I will do pushups and sit ups and look a fool while the girls run around with the dogs :) ... gotta fit it in where I can... :)

I am dreaming of a 2 hour run someday soon.... I miss those long lonely runs.

Comments

Linda said…
I love smoothies too, but I'm not sure I could have one for breakfast every day. Sometimes I like to chew. But since I got my Vitamix in May I have had a lot more smoothies!