Raw update....run update :)

Last week I was eating hamburgers, onion rings, and a large dr pepper 4 days of 5 .... the 5th day I had a vegetarian calzone for lunch....
I was working like crazy at the rent house and didn't want to take the time to cook or do anything else for that matter... .

I worked hard all week, and of course was exhausted most of the time but still stuck with having a fruit smoothie once or twice a day.

Sunday I was done. I wanted to feel great again. So decided I was back on the raw vegan wagon. The first three days I craved salt and sugar like crazy. I had very little energy and really wanted to go back to SAD eating. Its so much easier when your use to eating that way. After a week of SAD I had almost lost the desire to go back to raw for the simple fact of ease and habit.

I have stuck with it and Today i feel sooooo much better! I got some rest, much needed and for but one meal i have stayed away from meat. I have tried to stay 80 percent raw vegan. I have had some things like organic brown steamed rice and veggies...but no meat but for that one time.... And making sure the majority of my nutrition for the day came from raw fruits n veggies.

Then, my blender broke. That was a kick to my motivation. I borrowed my aunt-in-laws blender from the 1970s and it worked GREAT this morning :)

Its interesting to me how quickly we get back into the same habits .. after only a week I was craving so many unhealthy things.......I am so happy i stuck with it again after my SAD eating last week and sooooo very happy I feel so great today! (guess I am through the hard part now :)

I had a HUGE smoothie for breakfast and for lunch I had 1 avacado, almost a whole zuchini and some homemade hotsauce with lots n lots of tomatoes. I did eat a few corn chips but after a few bites I decided to give the zuchini a try.... I sliced them and sprinkled them with garlic seasoning and LOVED IT! Over the next few days I will slowly steer away from chips and focus on other raw vegan crunchy foods:)

I am researching blenders and would love to get a blendtec or vitamix ... will have to see if I can make myself spend that much money on a blender LOL.....
I came across some videos that are fun.....






This intro is a bit long but I liked the smoothie part :)








I had a great run last night ... I ran 3/4 of a mile at track practice nice n easy and then came home, cooked supper for the family and headed out for a quick run. I did 2 miles working on speed. The last mile was sprint workouts.... I managed 5 sprints with walking in between and was drenched with sweat when I was done. It was great!
I am looking forward to the 10 miler thats coming up in a few weeks :) wooowhooo!

Comments

The Warrior Suz said…
You are doing awesome to get back at your raw way of eating. it doesn't take much to get off track, because of that ease and convenience...that's the problem for most people.
Keep at it.