The Experiement

Ok... so like I have said I have been about 90% raw for the past 3.5 weeks. So what was the Experiement you ask?  To eat "regular" meals for 24 hours and see how I felt.

I ate "normal" foods like taco stew, corn bread, eggs, a few cookies (yes, cookies!). This morning I woke up and decided to have some hot decaf tea, eggs, and while my breakfast tasted yummy.. it was no where near as tasty to me as my all fruit breakfasts I have been having. About an hour later I was CRAVING fruit! I also had a slight headache. :( So I grabbed an orange. Later for lunch I had left over taco stew, come corn chips.... and again, while it tasted ok.. was nice and warm .. it left me wanting... CRAVING..  fruit. I also had.. you guessed it... a headache.

Also.. last night... I woke up HUNGRY! I havent woken up hungry since giving 801010 a try.

Going into this process I didnt think I would last 2 days. After making it over 3 weeks and having amazing results I have just been so shocked!

I will admit I was so happy to get such a great report from the Dr and couldnt wait to "celebrate" by eating "real" food. 

After eating my lunch today... my head was hurting .. so I decided to make a smoothie... just a small one. Guess what? I feel so much better! Headache is subsiding and fruit just leaves me satisfied.

Tonight the family will have roast/gravy, potatoes, and carrots for supper. I will have a nice big salad and before bed another smoothie.. I want to sleep all night without waking up hungry :)

It's all very interesting to me... so weird for ME to CRAVE fruit! For today I am convinced... stick to the mostly raw diet and feel good, have energy, and NO headaches :) 

Could 2011 be the year I turn into a Raw Vegan? wow.. I would have never guessed that.

On the workout front.. no running for me this week... although I DO need to get on the dreadmill LOL.... I will be doing zumba in just a few minutes and yesterday... .I busted ice with a hammer (my son is holding it in the photo).. for about 30 mins... I wanted to get the ice out of the path of our car so my hubby wouldnt have issues getting in the garage again today :)



COME ON SUMMER!

Comments