Celebrating 1500

Wow, I missed the milestone I have been waiting for.
THANKS Honey for always thinking I was beautiful no matter what size I was!


My 1500th post!

You've got to be kidding me.

I did some figuring and if I spent an average of 15 mins writing these posts then it would be 375 hours of blogging! That's about 16 days of my life typing away.

I think 16 days  spent blogging, reporting in, doing blog therapy, writing about my frustrations and victories, is worth it. 16 days over the past 4 years has been worth the time and energy. Blogging has kept me on track, gotten me back when I have fallen off and inspired me to keep going when I wanted to quit. This isn't just a place to write about myself... its where I get held accountable, inspired and refocused through the encouragement and dialog between me and you.

To Celebrate.. Here's My first post from 06:
___________________

The act of making something different

Modification:
The act of making something different, or in my case, "someone" different. (ME)

I have created this blog site to motivate myself, yes.. this is mostly selfish of me ( I figure if a few friends and family see my before pictures and are aware of my journey I will be more motivated to stick with it..I have my reasons for this which I will get into on a later post).
But I do hope in some way I can help inspire others to change as well. I will post my before, "in progress" and after pics here as well. I will share with you my goals for weight loss/management, increasing my stregth and energy levels. My goal is to be open and honest about the challenges of becoming fit and healthy.

My Body Modification Blog is going to be more than just about changing my body. It will be about changing my life in more ways than one. I hope you will jump on your own Bod Mod journey with me ... If I can change, anyone can!


People have decided to get fit using all kinds of methods. I am using the Body for Life method because the last time I followed this to a T I had great succes and was bursting with energy. I believe there are a great many ways you can get healthy.. I found this article by a man who lost over 100 pounds .... it just goes to show that you dont have to have fads diets, drugs, or other things to get in shape.. more than anything it is about change. (you can copy and paste this link into your browser to read the article.. it is inspiring!)
http://kenpierpont.com/mt_archive/000068.php

A few quotes to motivate me this week:

"Forget your past mistakes and focus on your successes encouraging yourself to greater achievements in the future."

"It is never too late to become what you might have been."

" Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be." 

______________________ 

And now a few photos from the past 1500 posts :)  From non-runner to marathoner, from sugar addict to sugarless and mostly raw vegan, from low energy and depression, from painful feet 24 hours a day, painful stomach aches, not being able to sleep through the night and hair falling out to a brand new person.

A STARTING OVER PHOTO .. goal was 6 months with no missed workouts. :) (yes I made it)

Another Starting Over again.




Change is good!

Doctors trying to figure out why I have low blood pressure. I figured out the answer when they didnt! WATER!

I have gone from out of shape and unmotivated to COACHING others!

I LOVE IT!

I believe God has helped me find who I should have been years ago!

I AM FREE!!! I have gone from a SUGAR and Soda Addict... to Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Caffiene Free! 

I have gone from HATING BANANAS to LOVING them!


This was me about somewhere in the middle of the 1500posts
People might think I am crazy to be a blogger, to spent time writing here has been the reason I have become who I am. The key to my success has been through prayer, determination, education and support which I have found through this blog... Friendships, lessons learned, frustrations explained and the continual reminders that  we can be more than we think!
6 MILER this past Sunday night was fantastic! 10 yards walking.. the rest running!







I am just so very thankful that I feel better today at 42 than I have ever in my life! Getting "OLD" doesnt mean you  have to feel horrible, having aches and pains that constantly send you to the Dr., taking medication everyday and having no energy. If I have learned anything its that God will provide what you need to be who you were meant to be in Him. There are so many who have lost hope, so many who have given up, I hope someday they will realize that with STARTING OVER COMES SUCCESS! This isn't easy, but its simple. Be patient with yourself, be determined to change and eventually, gradually you will be amazed at how wonderful life can be!


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Jeremiah 30:17
"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the LORD.

Comments

Amanda said…
Congrats on 1500! You've come a long way! :D
Josha said…
woooooohooooooooo!
You're beautiful, and I really really love the bangs!
The Warrior Suz said…
Ruthie, I am so proud of you!!! I remember I found you through someone else's blog I don't even follow anymore. It has been an amazing journey. You have persevered through sickness, injury, and other physical issues.
Blogging is a huge part of my life also having been blogging myself since April 2007.
No matter what, you never gave up. You are an inspiration. You are living your day 1 post!
You are looking so awesome, girly!
Keep pressing on with your message!
Continued blessings to you.