11 4 2011

What's 2011 going to be like? That's a great question. Of course I cannot predict the future. I have also learned no matter what I have planned God might have other ideas :) Despite not knowing what the future holds, I am never the less going to make some BIG PLANS for the upcoming months.

Wanna know what I have planned?


HERE you go:

1. Run my first half marathon of 2011 on May 21st 2011. I will plan to go to Lake City Colorado and run the half there... but just in case gas prices are 5 bucks a gallon... I will set my back up plan to run it on the 21st. I start training TOMORROW! 15 weeks to get ready!!! :) I also plan to run it in under 2 hours this time!

2. During my training I will be pushing myself to eat whole raw foods. The past 4 days I have relaxed on my raw food adventure.. (as you can see from the post below).... While its been fun to eat a cookie here or there, have some Mexican food, and not "worry about my eats" .. the truth is I dont like the way I feel when I eat "normal" food. (ha). It's strange to be so aware of my body that I can feel so different physically when eating cooked foods. My plan is to go back to 90% raw vegan diet. I will be researching and reading a lot as I go. I am also hoping this diet change will result in NO cysts when i go back in 6 months for my sonogram!!! Those of you who might worry about me.. don't... I will be tracking my calories and making sure what I am doing works with my running. My goal here is to eat healthier and run better than I ever have. If something doesn't work.. I dont mind changing things. I will listen to my body and adjust accordingly. My bigger challenge will be the cold weather. I did it last year... and I am determined to do it again this year! Cold weather, snow or not (it's snowing again here right now)

HERE is someone that inspired me to do this... there are more... I will share those later :)

3. I have been putting off getting my personal trainer certification. So beginning tomorrow I will study for at least an hour and a half a day until I am ready to test. I have my materials.. I just have to not let life get in the way anymore. So, while the kids do math, grammar, and handwriting.. I will be studying too!

4. I plan to continue my training to do a full marathon on July 4th 2011. I am hoping my half training this time around will actually be more mileage than 13.1 ... so on "race day" i will have already run 13.1 atleast once. This way my distance will increase faster than in previous years.

5. Along with my half training I will be doing Zumba as my Cross Training workout. I am planning on getting Zumba certified eventhough I have never been to a Zumba class but have started practicing via the web! :) I will attend some classes locally with a friend and make sure my groove in on before I go in April to get certified. The question is ... will this old body have enough groove to be an effect zumba instructor. ???

6. I still have the 100 pushups goal. still. will I do it this year? hum

7. I will be tracking my mileage this year to see how many total miles I can get. Will I get enough miles to "virtually run" to Colorado? Florida? California? We will see how far I get. I would love to get 1000 miles this year... but with being 5 weeks into the year I have my doubts.

8. I plan to get back in my going away outfit from my wedding 20 years ago. This past year I got back in my wedding dress... and while the dress fit... my going away outfit is a skirt and jacket. The skirt measures 28inches at the waist. I will be THRILLED if I get back into that by my anniversary on June 9th our 21st!

9. Get back in the habit of running IN THE MORNING before the day gets started. I miss starting my day with a nice long run! Starting tomorrow... I will run before my day gets going.

10. Could a 42 year old woman be a athlete? Train like an athlete? A regular mom, juggling life and raising kids.... could 42 be the age I find my inner athlete? I dont know.. but I am determined to give it my best shot!Could I look and feel younger than I ever have? I have already taken before photos of my face to see what difference the raw vegan diet has on my skin and how old i look... I will wrinkles disappear?  we will see :)

11. 6 months without a missed workout? I did it once... a few years ago... I will do it again! :) woowhooo!

So
Those are my 11 for 2011!  I hope and pray that my  somewhat "radical" plans might inspire others to do what they can and be who they are designed to be. I am so very aware that my health journey and road to fitness didnt not happen over night. I didnt wake up 4 years ago and just start running 5 miles. The Process... the Progress... and planning are all key to why I am where I am. I might not be perfect... I am not worried about that... I will let God take care of perfection :) .... I have decided not to sit back and 'wish' or "dream".... I have decided I will GO FOR IT! Call me Crazy... call me insane... but if I have learned anything the past month... its that I refuse to live with regrets.

Plans... plans plans...

I pray the future God has planned for me will work with what I  have planned. If not.... I will adjust :)


Woooowhoooo

Bring

IT

ON!


....
now excuse me while I go clean the kitchen and find my running clothes for tomorrow :)

Comments

sunshinerain said…
So is the rock & roll half out???
Jae said…
Dang, I leave for 10 minutes and come back..you all Valentine-ie.
LOL...

yay for goals!!!! gogogogirl!