Today's full of Surprises!

The first surprise.....How wonderful it felt to run this morning in the 38 degree weather :)

The second surprise...... How great I felt after a 20 min ab workout


the last surprise?

HOW HUGE the article was in todays paper about our family and how we try to eat low sugar. I knew the article would be in the paper.. but to see it plastered on the health section like that... a bit of a shocker.... and ... and.. it has  my blog address on it... which is fine.. but again.. .a shocker! You must remember this blog start out private... no one knew... and now.... not only do people far away know about it... people in my hometown do too. Its just a bit strange how we are comfortable with some things and not with others.  I guess my biggest concern is that I dont ever want to come across like I have a perfect fitness and nutrition system... I never want to come across like I dont struggle. Granted.. it is easier than when I first began but I still have times when I think negatively about it all. I still have times when I think and rethink what I am doing and why. I always come back to how good I feel and how I want to be healthy until I am 100. :)

Another surprise? Comments people are leaving on the article. Wow. 

So.. Here I am getting comfortable with being out of my comfort zone and hope it helps other people start over. :)

On the foods front.... I have officially made it one week in my detox mode :) I have been surprised how "easy" it has been (dont get me wrong.. i have had my  moments when i really wanted a taco casa or homemade nachos)  and more surprised how my body has reacted. My skin has never ever felt so smooth, I have had NO stomach issues and have had lots of energy. I am also never thirsty. I think I was pretty use to walking around dehydrated ... I would eat salt to help with that and in turn I would be thirsty a lot. Now that I havent had hardly any salt all week I feel great. Its like I am getting in sinc with  myself or something. Needless to say I am very very surprised. I have had no issues with low blood pressure or blood sugar. Its just been great!

My run today was just a 2 miler,  at a pretty good pace. I dont want to go longer until I have been low salt for 2 weeks as that is what is recommended as to how long it takes your body to get use to lower levels. So until next weekend I will keep my runs short but do them fast and add body weight workouts once I get home :)

Here's a shot of my lunch from yesterday :) YUMMY!

And can we end with a bit of Beckah Shae?
OH MY... I LOVED running to her songs this morning!
"NO MORE!" "The Victory is mine" ... 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on getting posted in the paper! Love reading the crazy brainwashing comment, lmao! I'm excited to be back on a plan myself and getting farther and farther from sugar...need to find a better treatment for my morning coffee, but getting there.
The Warrior Suz said…
Love, love, love Beckah Shae!! so glad you "introduced" me to her music(through your video) I so love this song, "NO MORE!"
Great article...too bad people have to leave such silly comments!(and that's putting it lightly!)
I love how you are feeling with the detox. You just might have to document what exactly you have been doing and share. Eating Raw has been something I've wanted to give a go, but limiting beliefs with how my family eats is holding me back. I must work to change that.
Josha said…
now i wanna read the nutty comments on the article! re-send me the link, please!! There were no comments when I read it before.
Great job on everything! So glad you are feeling better!