A whole new world

I keep saying it and I am sorry if it is getting annoying.
but
my life is so drastically different without gluten (and low sugar)!  Its a whole new world!!!

My post below about no tummy ache thanksgiving was just the beginning.

What is interesting is the longer I go gluten free... the better I feel. I mentioned to my hubby  while traveling that I can never ever remember ****E   V    E    R*****   a trip that didnt involve a stomach ache.

It usually went like this. Get up eat breakfast drive for a few hours.. stop for lunch (burger fries coke or other)... get back in car and drive. about an hour later.....WHERE IS THE BATHROOM! .. nothing worse than being on a road trip and desperately needing the toilet.

I BLOWS my mind that I thought this was NORMAL.

Now... I eat and I feel good. No cramps, no gas, no stupid stomach ache. No "oh no am i getting the flu" thoughts. .... Its crazy really. just crazy.

To be on a road trip and to feel this way is  a new experience.

On the blood sugar front....
I am FINALLY finding balance in my day. I have made myself be prepared for sugar lows and have had to use those twice while on the trip... once while hiking Carlsbad Caverns. and the other today...

the other unique thing for this trip is that I precooked meals for the family ( 3 days worth) to bring along. I have a griddle that I use to just reheat the good I cooked a few days ago. I have stored the cooked food in mason jars on ice and they worked GREAT keeping the food fresh and tasty!!! The advantage of this is no eating out and no anxiety about "wonder if this is going to hurt my stomach".  :)

No workouts while traveling but hope to tomorrow :)
Heres a few shots from the travels:


Comments