left tired and returned..........

FEELING GREAT!

WOW. 

As I was running tonight i wondered how long it will take to get through my stinkin head that i am a runner.... I mean... of course I believe the Penguin's philosophy 

‎"If you run, you are a runner. It
doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your
first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test
to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." ---John Bingham

 

But you know those moments when you feel like crap and you just arent in the groove of running and its a chore to get out the door.... those days I dont feel like I am a runner.  today... nope

not a runner.

Well, not until I walked out the door and started .....RUNNING. I find it strange that when i feel tired and all i want to do is curl up in bed and watch a flick on netflix .... that when I wished I had the energy to go run but really dont want to... but when I DO IT ANYWAY

I am ALLLLLWAYS amazed at how i feel when I return home. 


tonight i did 6.5 miles. I ran the first 6.25 miles with no stops.. no stopping to stretch, no walking.. just nice easy paced run.... the longer i went the more awesomer it got! (is awesomer a word?)... when I it the corner and knew I was running my 6th mile.. thats when I thought 

"wow. I just totally RAN 5 miles without walking, with no stopping to stretch... wow... tonight i am a runner"......

Now.. dont get me wrong... I believe in walking breaks... and I dont look down on myself when I need them... but tonight seemed special. the air was crisp and cool.. there was NO wind (after many days of the durn wind blowing) and the stars were out. I began just as the sun was setting. It was PERFECT. 

You know.. the perfect run? the one where you feel like you could go on forever ... yeah... THAT was how it was tonight. 

I came home so happy.. so refreshed..I felt sooo much better but smelled worser ( is worser a word LOL)... 

I love how running can do that... how it can take a "old worn out I feel like crap body today" and in just a few miles turn it into a super hero! 


woooowhooooo!

tomorrow? 100pushup day!

Comments

Amanda said…
I had a run like that today. I was cold and tired and just wanted a nap, but that run snapped that lazy bum out of me quick. I came home happy and refreshed and ready to tackle my duties. :)
Ruthie said…
ahhhh.. isnt it GREAT Amanda !! I love how the thing we want to do least ends up being the thing that makes us feel great! :)