UPDATE!!!! spunk? found?????

7:51pm
OK.. so... I felt spunkless allll day. low energy, blah blah blah... negative thoughts... stressed.

went to track practice.......and decided I MUST go run afterwards.

so

I

did.

Guess what?

WOOOOOWHOOOO! I feel so much better! AND.
AND.
AND.

NO ITband pain! NONE ... zilch ....

I had the BEST 4.25 miler ever!!! and ran it in under 32 mins! & 7:52 per mile average!

WOOOOWHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now, i must go stretch :) and shower.. and eat.... and watch smallville with my hubby :)



 posted this AM
what spunk.

I have lost it.

dunno why... just feelin lost.

frustration with unexpected ITband issue I thought was resolved?
running in circles for 4 years?
same music day in day out?
realizing that my favorite show Smallville is coming to an end?
doubts about finding time to study for certification test, in addition to homeschooling, housework, and coaching?
washer, tv, and lawn mower broken?
wishing i felt safe running alone in my city.
dreaming of country trails to run instead of concrete.
frustrated that a full marathon on thanksgiving is out, but at the same time wondering if it was the right time anyway.

the spunk is lost in there somewhere...

So whats a girl to do when her spunk has been splattered on the floor?.....well... sweep it up of course and "start over"

I will be looking for spunk in different places.....maybe in some of these:

  1. focusing on health and nutrition and getting clean with my diet (cleaner) 
I have been inspired by this movie I watched this past weekend on netflix (its available on instant)



This film led me to THIS SITE


2.  Looking to weight lifting more for a while
3. Yoga? or other video stretching workout????


I will still run of course but I am thinking I will do 4 days a week. 3 days of 2.5 to 4 miles and a long run on the weekend of only 6 to 10. Hoping to go at different times of day so I can get off the circle trail and in the woods or neighborhoods. I wanna run somewhere!

so.
thats it. for how
housework, lunch to make, kids to educate, cat food to buy .......
gotta go.!

cya!

Comments

Sarah said…
I get there on occasion about losing my spunk. That's why I like to mix things up sometimes: go to a spin class, yoga, whatever. Just change things up for 6 weeks. Sorry you are feeling what way, too.
Unknown said…
Hey, are you foam rolling your IT band? If not, you need to start! There are plenty of video's displaying this on You Tube. Watch them all so you can make sure you are being instructed correctly. It will help you so much along with your stretching. I have piriformis syndrome and stretching my IT bands really helps with my hip issues.

Good luck!
Josha said…
whoooooohooooooo!
nice!!