HELLO?????

Do you hear that?

hum

It use to be I heard it just once in a while... then... over time the ringing got louder and louder. I was scared to answer it.

What if it wasnt for me?
What if I didnt have the right things to say?
What if I made a fool of myself?
What if they all thought I was crazy????
What if......

Its a wrong number? Wrong call?

Lately the ringing is louder and louder and louder. I keep thinking I am answering and the more I answer.. the more it rings.


Who's calling me?

It's my Father.

Today it rang again, I am in the process of answering.
Today he said "Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act"


I love how my Father is so patient with me, but so determined to get me to act. He knows I have doubts about myself and wonder what in the world I have to offer anyone. He knows I am weak and have a spirit of perfection that needs to be cleansed with his spirit. He knows I think all things need to be in order and perfect before he can use me. He knows me.

What I am learning is My God can use me in a very unique and special way.  I just need to get myself out of the way.

Do you hear that ringing???? Do you ever wonder who is calling?

I believe with allll my heart that the vast majority of Christians today are not living their calling. They are living what the world is telling them to live. They have grown up with parents who didnt live their calling... we are generation after generation who never answered.

I also believe most Christians believe that they really dont have much say or power in the lives of others. I believe most think their own lives are so broken, so screwed up that if they showed who they really were that others would look down on them and hurt them even more.

Could it be your life could be more than you ever dream? Could it be by listening and answering God will show you a way to live you never dreamed possible.

A painter, a writer, a carpenter, a wife, a mother, a counselor, healing the broken and giving hope.......I wonder how many Mary Cassatt's, Lincolns, Frederick Douglass', Esther's, Charlotte "Lottie" Moon's, (the list goes on) ... are out there BUT NEVER ANSWERED THE DADGUM PHONE! How many christian women sitting content within themselves and their worlds but hearing the ringing. .. the whispers and ignoring them.

Our families need us. Our friends need us. The hurting and broken need US!

I have to answer.

Comments

Josha said…
what if i can't find the phone? maybe that's my problem.