Gluten huh?



I have had a sensitive tummy for years. For most of those years I just thought that was the way life was suppose to be. There are some things a lady just shouldnt talk about.. but suffice it to say that my stomach and its demands have left me frustrated, sleepless, and driving too fast down the road to find a restroom QUICK.

My tummy issues got MUCH better when i started cutting out junk food. When I started body for life way of eating (eating healthy during the week  - where i ate lower amounts of breads, no cereals, cakes cookies etc-- and having a freeday on the weekend) I noticed a HUGE reaction to how I felt. During the week I felt so much better.. on the weekend.. after i would eat however I wanted, I would end up spending a LOT of time in my least favorite room of the house LOL.

The tummy trouble continued on the weekends until finally had no desire to eat really bad... I stopped going "whole hog" most of the time so I could avoid the tummy problems.

Then I began eliminating sugar and my stomach got happier... then milk products... HAPPIER. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want ice cream, or cookies, or cakes, or milk, or candy, or, or, or, ... because I know I will pay the price. Tummy aches sure to follow.

After my horrible experience a few weekends ago with my popcorn and coke overload on a saturday night and three days of not feeling well... I decided to do what I called a bit of a "detox". No meats, no breads, no junk food.

The past week I have been living on mostly fruits, veggies, brown rice, nuts, oatmeal, hot tea, and water.
What I noticed is how happy my stomach has been. After I eat my breakfast there is not rumbling in the tumtum, no quick trip to the potty, not pains. Its like I just eat and feel the same .. just not hungry anymore LOL ... The same way with the rest of my meals..... on Tuesday I had two slices of bread and later I had tummy issues.
It got me thinking... what if I have a issue with Gluten? So.. I ate gluten free for a few days and then one evening we had breakfast for supper.. I had two biscuts.. and about 40 mins later HELLLLLOoooo tummy (I will spare you the details) !. that was my test.... and for me it made it clear... no more gluten for me.

I find it interesting that the healthier I eat it seems the healthier my body wants me to eat :)

Good news is our local health store has great stuff for gluten free and the other cool thing is I have not missed the bread or other stuff at all! Its hard to discrib how much better I feel.. Yes.. my stomach is the main feel better point but I have more energy and just feel GREAT.  Its strange.

so... for now.. i am determined to be sugar free, dairy free, beef free, and gluten free. (I have had meat twice this week.... I will continue that trend as well.... My motto these days seems to be .. if it hurts, dont eat it! :) 

With my internet searching I found this really neat site I have enjoyed
Gluten Free Running

Comments

chris mcpeake said…
must really suck to have stomach issues like that. I can eat just about anything (not that its a good thing).