Feeling good!!!

I made it until Tuesday! woowhoo! I wasnt perfect but if I have learned anything over the past 4 years is that I cannot do this and be perfect.

Yesterday I had 2 slices of bread with my hot tea as a snack. So my goal of going three full days with no slice bread didnt workout BUT I did do much better than I thought I would. The biggest surprise is that I haven't craved the bread! I have been really surprised how much i havent missed it. THIS coming from a gal who, when doing Body for Life, once ate a whole loaf of garlic bread all by myself on my free day!

I also haven't missed the meat. Its just soooo nice to have a stomach that is happy with me all the time! I wonder, after years of misuse if my body has reached it's tolerance level  for harsh heavy low energy foods.

After feeling so wonderful the past 3 days I have decided to stick with my no meat, no bread transition. I know some of you think this is extreme... I will continue to eat a bit of fish, eggs, beans and nuts.... so dont worry about my protein intake, I will be fine!

It comes down to the simple fact that I do not feel good when I eat certain things. When I eat roast beef, or loads of bread my stomach hurts. I don't feel good. When I eat whole grains, whole foods, nuts, lots of fruits and veggies, I feel GREAT!  I want to eat foods that make me feel good and give me energy.

Don't worry.... I wont turn into one of those weirdo hippie women...........

or..... will I? ( i DO love the dress she is wearing:)

Comments