Power Outage

I have been suffering the past 5 day or so with what I consider a power outage. My energy has been zapped... I have been having bouts of low blood pressure and have upped (again) my intake of water (which i had let slip) but today... was yet another day of just no get up in my GO>

UGH!

this afternoon when i was feeling really sluggish... (and I had been drinking my water really well recently!)
I decided to put on my hot kettle for a cup of London Tea and then I decided to experiement a bit. I cooked a flour tortilla in butter and put a half a teaspoon or so of table sugar and a tad of cinnamon on it. I ate the tortilla and pretty quickly i began to get my energy back. This caused me to stop and think for a bit.
When I was feeling GREAT and having loads of energy. I was getting my rest (IMPORTANT) and after my meals and snacks I was eating fruit or a balance of fruit and nuts. (for protein) ... well... over the past week..... i had stopped doing that. I would eat my meal and only have fruit once a day. I was eating carbs (in the form of veggies, and wheat bread) but that was it.

SO.

(bla bla bla bla bla bla bla)

Yeah.. thats what I feel like.. I feel like this this is just blabla blabla bla.. you know.. like the teacher on Peanuts? (wahwahwhawha)


I have probably written it 1000 times here on this blog but it comes down to balance. If my blood sugar is out of balance then I feel like crap. I can run or run walk however many miles and feel good for a little bit... but end the end.. what I eat drastically effects how i feel. How i feel drastically effects my day, my kids day, and my hubby's day.

I am pretty much wanting to through a temper tantrum right now. Being sugar sensitive and hypoglycemic really does suck. There is such a balancing act that has to take place in order to feel good. Its like I figured out what it finally feels like to feel GOOD and when I feel "normal" (what normal was from the time I was born until a year ago) .. I want no part of it. I want my power back!

Knowing that this is a process and I am still learning, i do cut myself some slack. I admit my blind eating has led me to be unconscious of my fuel intake. If i dont have the fuel I cannot have the energy i need to make it through the day. Mind you, I have NOT been eating bad. I have NOT been eating sugars, sodas, candies etc........and I must give myself a big pat on the back for not turning to sodas and crapsugars for my energy. In fact I have not even been tempted to drink my hubby's Dr Pepper thats been in the fridge all week (he saves it to eat with only pizza) . Nope, not this time... this time I was just not eating the balance that I needed.

So, as for the rest of my day.. after realizing what I had been doing the past few days.... I focused on doing something about it. I went to the grocery store, organized the fridge, and got quick high quality God sugars that I could grab and go. Tonight after my chicken, sweet tator and zuchini supper... I waited about an hour and had a few grapes and almonds. So far... feeling great.

I am also determined to get some much needed sleep tonight so that part of the puzzle is fixed as well. No track practice in the AM .. so I plan on sleeping as late as I can and go run whenever I feel like it.

No run today. had a HORRIBLE run on Sunday morning . did 4 miles walked most of the last 2 miles......again 0 energy! It was awful and left the trail sooo upset. what a waist of my time I thought. It pretty much just sucked. Well, except for the college kid walking the trail with headphones and an electric guitar .... yeah at 530am. I got a laugh out of it and thought "they're BAAAACK" hehe..

So, back to the only solution there is for me. Eating the way I know I need to eat. Resting the amount I know I need to rest. And.... running :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ruthie, maybe so much regular water is "washing out" your minerals? I discovered coconut water has a lot of good stuff and drinking it alternate to water does help keep my blood pressure in check (mine is on the low side too). It may also help with the sugar "downs"? Just a thought. :)

suprchica.
Ruthie said…
oh wow.. thanks! I dunno. never tried coconut water... i might thought... the problem is.. i hate coconut LOL :)
(i know i know weird) :)

I will see if i can find some.