mile 11.. 16 tomorrow???


had a great time at a local bike race :) Helped some friends of mine who organized the event and run a bike shop here in town. It was great fun! and inspiring!

met a 70 year old man before the race.. he had LOTS of great life advice and was just amazing to visit with... he left to go to the start he said he just wanted to finish...

he finished.

last.

He was LAST! 70 year old LAST in a 77 mile bike race! .... and this was hilly and hot and ... welll... he was just amazing! and inspiring!


so.. i will think of him tonight as I go to sleep and tomorrow as I run and try to get in 16 miles before the start of worship. Would it be ok to show up to church in my running clothes? hum.... :)
Naw.. I hop to be out early and finish with 30 min to get ready and wear my 6 inch heals :)

A bit nervous about the length of 16.....but if HE Can.. I can.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Absolutely !! You CAN do it!! What a great story of that 70 yr. old!
It is never too late!