UPDATED yesterday, today and photos

yesterday morning I got up and ran a fast 2.5 miler. Didnt have enough time for more. I would really like to run farther but that would mean leaving at 450am... and i didnt get in bed early enough for that. I must sqeeze in a 10miler this week... but where? I guess in the wee hours of the morning.. but might have to settle for part on the road part on the mill.

Yesterday I updated my photo progress page.. please see the tab above for my photos including one i took yesterday.

today I plan on running with the kids a bit at track practice and then coming home and lifting weights and doing pushups and abwork.

OH... and I decided to get some business cards made for my coaching. I have wanted some cards for a while to just hand out when I see ladies out walking the trail. I will write a scripture or note of encouragement on the back and invite them to the current half marathon training. I know when they see me now they think i am just some size small fitness freak. When I was bigger and out walking I thought all skinny runners had been that way from birth. I want them to know I am different and I understand where they are at. So i put a before and after photo on my card. I am a bit nervous about my before and afters being an a card. I feel like I did when I first put up my photos on my blog. .. so many times I would put them up and then take them down after a few days .... .......I mean, what if something thinks I walk around in shorts and a bikini top all the time! Its normal to be a bit aprehensive, this sharing with people one on one is a bit different than via the email or internet, a bit more personal, but I keep thinking .. "if just ONE person see it and visits with me... then its worth it!
this is the shot thats on the business card..

time to get the kids up for practice. ... gotta go.. will post more after my lifting etc!





UPDATE:
ran 2 miles at track practice by myself while the big kids ran too.....then home for breakfast .. then dishes...then leg extensions, bench press, pushups, abwork, lunges with weights. YIKES! felt great but sore will be my friend tomorrow :)

bench press... here we go!












I am getting muscles in places i didnt know existed LOL... see the side of my lower leg? when did that happen? ( i did do my lunges with the weights.. just did this for the photo :)











Hot, sweating, stinky tired but strong..

Comments

Jae said…
Inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you so much!
Josha said…
You're the best! If only you lived life in shorts and a bikini top, then you'd really be great! LOL
I love your idea!
Unknown said…
Oh Ruthie, keep up the good work. One of these days I'm going to follow your lead.
Miz said…
HOW FLIPPING CUTE ARE YOU?!


Miz.