The Rewards of Always Starting Over

YES! Sometimes I feel like a material girl :) .... but frugal :)...... I am loving my new heals. I have ALWAYS loved heals. Esp when I fell in LOVE with my husband who is 6ft6 without shoes on! I am only 5ft4in ... so in my book 5 or 6 inch heals are a much needed accessory :) These shoes above I got DEAL on! over 100 bucks.... for 35!

These shoes would have KILLED my feet before my fitness. My feet were one of the reasons I was determined to lose weight. My feet hurt all day and all night. NOT ANY MORE! What a GREAT reward for starting over!

Another reward is being able to share fitness and fashion with my sweet daughter! We had so much fun shopping last weekend!


If you will remember over a year ago I bought my first dress in 6 years CLICK :). I wasnt a dress gal because I just didnt feel pretty in them... all those fat rolls fit better in skirts and loose fitting shirts... or pants. .... Yesterday I bought dress #3 for me in many many years. (Dress #2 in my anniversery dress which you will not see until June 9th :) ....

Hurrah for pretty dresses and feeling fit in them! no girdle to hid anything, no feet that hurt from the 5inch heals... just pure fun and joy.....

Praise God for transformation of body, mind and spirit! Its a brand new day around here and Starting Over is such a blessing!

I thought a lot about Starting Over this morning on my 4 mile run before church. What a beautiful morning. Its been a while since I was able to run alone with just me and my ipod. I loved it!

Contemplating my July 4th half. Its been a tradition for years. Training the girls for the half on July third makes it tough to get my runs in... I will be checking on the girls most of that morning and prob will not run but ride my bike as a support to them...... So my tradition will prob continue to July 4th and doing half on that Sunday... but I need to get some longer runs in before that will happen ....My solution will be to get up EARLY this week and get out pre-sun up ... prob take my dog with me and see how it goes. I am sure there are others out then as its sooooo hot here later in the morning... will give it a shot tomorrow morning.

One side note... i slept for 10 hours last night! I use to just do the soda thing and ignore my bodys need for sleep... not anymore. :) 10 hours felt great! and i am set for a good week of early mornings!

Hope your day is blessed and your runs bring you peace and joy!


blessings!
r

Comments

Christina said…
You are an inspiration. I have been neglecting the weight-training aspect of fitness ever since I started running. I am going to think of you and hope that will remind me to do some weights when I am at the gym. You look fabulous in that dress! And you are beaming fabulous too!
Sarah said…
You look absolutely amazing!!!!!
Jae said…
I LOVE the pic of you and Cat!!! Jae
Josha said…
you're adorable and so is Cat!