Pine Cone Run in Da Wooooods :)


We had a great time in East Texas and Houston. I ran two days we were in Houston in the subdivision our relatives live in. The kids went too! they had a pond to run around and it was nice.... but ooooooweeeeeee it was HUMID! I use to live on the coast of Texas and grew up in that kind of weather and my goodness its like running in pea soup! :)

Our camping trip in East Texas was two nights. I just had to take photos to share because it was beautiful there!



This is the path that goes around the lake. It said it was 5 miles.. but I did about 2.5. It was early in the morning and I WAS going to go around the whole way... but when I got to a different section there were spider webs I ran through.... I knew most of the trail would be that way and I didnt want to be the first one to de-web it... so i just decided 2.5 was enough.




The rest of the fam had headed down to the lake to fish.. and I ran past :)
Heres a view .. it was so pretty
I ran up on a big rabbit.... you can barely see him in this photo... to the right of the tree on the edge of the sunlight... I said HI and kept going

more of the trail
Where I stopped and stretched


the trail that led back to our site

I stopped and read this sign.....
a few steps later I saw THIS ... from far way I thought it WAS a snake... but no... just a piece of rubber.

This is the road through the campsite Our Place :)


On the way home yesterday I got inspired by this guy. He was a cyclist riding for Autism. He was from Canada.... I visited with him for just a few minutes but just had to take a picture of his bike. He is riding from Alaska to Argentina to raise awareness.

His name is Adam... HERE is his website :)


Ran just a bit with the kids at the 6am track practice.... my kids were all up and getting ready before 530am this morning. I didnt have to even wake them! I am sooooo happy the LOVE It!.. what a blessing.

I will do cleaning and unpacking and will get in my 100 pushup and abwork later today.. will post after I am done....

hope your doing great!
and if you like the humidity and enjoy the woods... south east texas is beautiful :)

If you like the woods and dont like the humidity.. I would suggest Colorado :)

(YES JOSHA.. this trip made me dream of running a trail or two with YOU in Colorado).... someday

Comments

Unknown said…
love the pics! I haven't stopped by for awhile, I like the new look of your blog! Have a great weekend, Ruthie.