today

today consisted of a 7 am run with my favorite 6 to 10 year olds, followed by walking lunges and lots of smiles.

Later just after lunch my hubby told me of some storms headed our way. I wanted to get out lawn mowed before it rained AGAIN.. (yes again, which is unusual for this part of the country). So I headed out and started to mow... I mowed as fast as I could as the storm was only about 20 mins away... Needless to say I got a GREAT workout! cover dripping with sweat and of course JUST finished in time for the storm to blow through.

As I worked hard to mow and get things taken care of so they wouldnt blow away or get hail damaged.... I thought how thankful I was to be strong and fit enough to do what I was doing.
I thought I am happy I am not a wimpy housewife. I am not a woman who leaves the hard work for my husband.
I strive to be fit and strong for various reasons. To be able to mow, lift, move heavy items without having to bother my husband is a huge blessing!

Tonight was track practice and included a 2 miler with some sweet kids.

Great busy but fun day!

Comments