UPDATE injury? patience and alternatives.


well...
I noticed last friday my right foot was bothering me.
I would try to explain but a photo is just easier :)
It hurts between my fingers and that same spot on the underside of my foot.

It did this about 6 weeks ago... and i just took a few days off and it was great.. no pain until friday. What I think did it was more speed-work than i am use too and more hill work done at the same time. .... I was up on my toes a bit more than usual....

so i will take a few days off .. with the exception of a bit of a jog here and there on the grass.... which is of course a bit of a bummer cause I am already feeling the need for a de-stressing run ....

With running and fitness.. its always going to be something... something telling you to quit or stop.... but knowing that this wont last forever and i will be back at it before too long is great. Cross training and finding other ways to be fit in the mean time is key. Running is my passion, my stress reliever, my cake instead of cake..... but I can manage to rest and take care because I know this is about a lifetime.. not just the next race.

Tonight i will lift weights... .... looking forward to it...
abs and pushups will be focus tomorrow...

and looking at my eats.... oh the eats :) key to my energy and positive mental outlook :) (more on that later)

i will post my workout when I am done !

What did yall do today????

UPDATE:
no workout tonight.... will tomorrow morning .. lifting.
happy to say foot was better tonight at track practice... have a pad added to my shoe that helped a lot ... it was this... .
This is not a big deal but just a case of needing extra cushion i think... and to not run so much on the concrete (like I have been)

happy it felt better and could jog tonight at track with no pain :) still just tender but should be fine in a few days :)


Life of the runner you know :)

Comments

Sarah said…
a) Your green toes match your shirt very well...

b) I'm having some achilles trouble and wondering about 9 miles this weekend. Trying to take it easy until then. Except for the 3.5 I did this morning that made me realize I need to do something about my achilles!