7 miles, soreness and what I want

had a great meetup with two of the half marathon gals that are in our training group. We walked and talked and walked and talked. They did GREAT! and it was the fartherest distance for both of them.

I have been so inspired this week by some of the gals in the group. I got an text thursday night from a girl who did her 7 that night before leaving town on friday! Then over the next two days I got emails or texts from girls saying they had completed their mileage and couldnt make our meet up so they did thiers in various ways.
1 did hers on the treadmill
1 did hers at the mall (because it was raining)
2 did it early on Sat morning before the rain hit
1 did it while she was camping
1 did it in the mountains (josha :)
1 did "only 6" because she ran out of day light but was excited because she is now fully commited to doing the half instead of a 10k :)
1 is doing it tonight with her hubby
and
2 did it today (with me) after the rain but in the hot and steamy leftovers :)

I am so inspired and excited by these gals! they chose ways to get the miles done when they could have just made excuses and not done it :) woowhoo!

I feel happy and energized after my 7 mile walk!
I am also sore from working in the attic plus 50 pushups afterward :)

sore is goooood.

on a side note
NOTHING FITS
all my clothes are too big
its exciting but a bit frustrating too....
need to go shopin

Comments

Christina said…
I did 7 miles today too and I am sore in my glutes. :) I love it when people text me/facebook me about their mileage. It keeps me motivated and inspired.
Josha said…
great job, All of Us!
I wanna go shoppin' with ya, Ruth! It would be so fun to be your dressin' room delivery gal, going to get you a smaller size because the one you took in to try on was too big....
would be fun.
Anonymous said…
it is so nice to be inspired by others....i love to workout with my friends just for that reason!