UPDATED shoes, pushups, beautiful weather

got new shoes today.............
I know.. you are thinking.. DIDNT YOU JUST GET NEW SHOES??

well.. short of.

I got new Ghosts as a gift and they were too big... right size but just too big.. weird... So... I just so happy to have a daughter that can have the too big shoes.... and today I went to the store and got these..........
BROOKS Defyance 2
I havent run in them yet.. just on the mill at the store but I love them so far! I have been having some pain in my right foot ball area.. i know cause i have been doing more speed work....but i am hoping this shoe will give me a bit extra cushion to help with that :)

today is pushup day... my abs are sooooooo sore from that side stitch ab workout so i will rest them today :) might throw in some lunges between push ups....

UPDATE:

100 pushups done (10 sets of 10 yikes)
then
a fast 2 miler to test out the new shoes
and
I LOVE THEM

new favorites for sure!!! :) sweet!
things i heard on my run
  • girls talking about new york
  • the motor from a generator powered lighting system for a softball game
  • a laughing baby (and I thought.. THATS EXACTLY how I feel right now!)
  • a roller bladder wizzin past me way to fast and my voice saying "CAREFUL"
  • the wind (no ipod) :)
  • my thoughts
funny how 2 miles use to see forever long and now its like "honey do you care if i go run.. its JUST 2 miles" ... ha.. how things change in 3 years time :)

OH.. and my arms and back were soooo tired on the run.. from the pushups :)
abs still sore too!
gotta go

Comments

Amy said…
cute shoes! Hope they work out well!
Claire said…
Love the shoes!! Don't know about the rest of the Brooks line but I too had the Ghost in my usual size and it was larger then normal. I could have gone half a size smaller easy.
Josha said…
I tried to find the brooks cascadia (after talking to you) the other day when we went to the big city, but sports authority didn't carry brooks...i thought that was weird. I wanted to try them on...rats!
it's so fun to get new shoes!