the business of life

you get in workouts long enough and you realize you have to be flexible with your schedule. Some days its not NOT going to happen. That was yesterday for me.

While we had a wonderful homeschooling day, and a wonderful laundry day, and a wonderful track practice and a long board meeting....I found no time for exercise. Now I did jog a few laps at practice and do a few pushups.. but that doesnt count :)

You see... I have learned that fitness has to be ON PURPOSE. Fitness MUST be intentional. Walking from the car to the grocery store doesnt count (and I use to count that as exercise).

Today... we have had success with our school day, now I am off to the grocery store and have yet to workout.... BUT... I WILL because I will MAKE time.
I plan on running 5 400 meter sprints at a 5k pace. Its almost raining here .. so I will do these sprints Biggest Loser style ... on the dreadmill :) I will also do 100 pushups and hopefully 80 sit ups :)

I will post when I am finished.. which will be before 5pm hopefully. Lots to do before then.. so i gotta go!

Until then... a few quotes I found:

Some people have a foolish way of not minding, or pretending not to mind, what they eat. For my part, I mind my belly very studiously, and very carefully; for I look upon it, that he who does not mind his belly will hardly mind anything else. ~Samuel Johnson

The body too has its rights; and it will have them: they cannot be trampled on without peril. The body ought to be the soul's best friend. Many good men however have neglected to make it such: so it has become a fiend and has plagued them. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827


What fools indeed we mortals are
To lavish care upon a Car,
With ne'er a bit of time to see
About our own machinery!
~John Kendrick Bangs


Good for the body is the work of the body, good for the soul the work of the soul, and good for either the work of the other. ~Henry David Thoreau

A woman is as young as her knees. ~Mary Quant


and this last one... while I think it is a bit harsh.. it IS true. I am NOT a George Carlin fan.... but I like it because it helps me realize I use to be so big and that yes.. I WAS fat. I was out of shape, and fat. It was fat that layered the inside of my body and fat that was the cause of my weight and all the extra pounds I carried which resulted in PAIN. I am NOT big boned...... for me.. this quote is about facing the truth of what I had let myself become and promising to never become that again. ---"fat" people might find it offensive.. and I am sorry... but I lived in a place of self denial and i refuse to go back... WE can be so much more than we are.. and while our "fatness" or "in-shape-ness" does not is not allll that we are... it definately molds our minds and our spirits and shapes our view of the world. I want nice happy self encouraging thoughts, I want energy and spunk to get through my day, I want to be fit for fit sake, to see the world as a happy exciting place instead of a prison. My fat was my prison. ... not anymore!

"I use the word "fat." I use that word because that's what people are: they're fat. They're not bulky; they're not large, chunky, hefty or plump. And they're not big-boned. Dinosaurs were big-boned. These people are not overweight: this term somehow implies there is some correct weight. There is no correct weight. Heavy is also a misleading term. An aircraft carrier is heavy; it's not fat. Only people are fat, and that's what fat people are! They're fat!" ~George Carlin

Comments