New duds, last run, and sad :(

Haven't been able to locate my glasses in about 2 weeks.... my old ones were OLD and scratched up anyway.... so I invested in these :)... ran in then and loved them.... they give everything a bluish tint.... i like :)

I have also been wanting-needing some compression shorts to 1.)hold my baby belly in when I run and 2.) to wear under my running pants (so i can start of in pants and then transition to shorts if I need to)

I also wanted a bright short sleeve shirt to run in ....

This is what I came home with... under armor compression shorts and lime green shirt. One thing that freaked me out was that I needed a small. .........not use to the sm on the lable and I guess its going to take a bit longer for my brain to catch up with my body. LOL...

I ran this afternoon... started with this under my pants and brooks running jacket. I wanted to give it a test run before next weeks half in Big D. I loved them both... I did 4.5 miles instead of a full 5 miles.. my stomach started hurting again.. but i THINK i have figured out my issue... cheese.. the only thing different i have been eating is cheese on a homemade breakfast burrito. ... so i am officially cutting the cheese for a while :)

-----

I am sad today because one of my Half Marathon Gals injured her ankle this morning. She stepped in a hole at someones house ... she is more than likely NOT going to be able to do the half marathon in Dallas which is only 1 week away :( .. ...Earlier this week Cats(my dd) sweet friend (who is in 8th grade) was practicing highjump at her school and missed the mat and suffered a head injury! She is going to be ok but is still recovering from a concussion which required several days in the hospital :( ... ... I also just got word one of our little track team kids broke his leg playing soccer :( ... .. praying everyone else I know stays healthy! Please pray for our sweet friends.

Comments

Stacie said…
I never mess with dairy before a run. Before any run Under 5 miles I only fuel up with an ounce of Hammer Gel. You glycogen stores shuold be full enough from the night previous to fuel your run, and then fuel again at the 45 minute mark. Before 5 miles plus I don't fuel at all, but fuel at 45 minutes and after. Try it, you might like the results and no longer have tummy issues. (I don't work for Hammer, I just swear by their products)
Josha said…
You look great! So glad you found the right duds to lay out in a "flat Ruthie" the night before the race! Will you carry water or rely on the aid stations? Ipod or no ipod? hat or no hat? Did you decide to go for time or social benefit? What snackies will you pack? What will you pack them in? Socks...thick or thin? Is the whole family going? Where will you stay? What time is the start? Is there a time limit? How many are going? What bands are playing? Do you get a shirt or a medal or both? C'mon, Girl, give me some details!
Jae said…
LOL@Josha!!! Drill, her, girl...drill her!!!