Joshas questions answered:)

OK.. Josha had a lot of questions.. here's my answers :)
but before that.. I did my pushups today... we missed a whole week last week so this felt good tonight.. It was tough and I couldnt do all that it said but I did 12, 14, 10, 10, 13 .. I am just going to push through and keep going even though i missed a whole weeks of workouts.

---------------------------

Will you carry water or rely on the aid stations?
I am using their water :)

Ipod or no ipod?
IPOD (in case I need to zone for a bit)

hat or no hat?
HAT but think i will do 2 pony tales :)

Did you decide to go for time or social benefit?
TIME (will see.. not feeling too confident about making it in 2 hours but gona give my best shot)


What snackies will you pack? havent really decided yet.. for sure orange slices :) and something salty:)

What will you pack them in? going to wear my brooks jacket and pack its zippers. the only problem will be when i have to take it off to wrap it around my waist and all that stuff boings and bops around at my legs... .. I really dont feel the need to have a lot of snacks hopefully it wont be a big deal.... I even have thought of taking powder gatoraid in a baggie I will add to the water they provide :) since they are providing a sports drink but its something I have never drank before .. so its a no go for me :) but i need the salt gatoraid provides :)

Socks...thick or thin? socks are thin :) but if its cold cold then i will double up :)

Is the whole family going? whole fam is going will be at the finish but not the start... too crowded and too long to wait for me to finish so i will text them when I am almost done and have them come to the finish (probably)


Where will you stay?
some big hotel about 1.5 miles from the start I dont like big hotels.. i like the bottom floor.. so please pray for me and that the umteenth floor feels safe to me :)


What time is the start?
the start is at 8am.. but did you know its daylight savings time.. so it will feel like 7

Is there a time limit?
yes time limit is 4 hours but is subject to change

How many are going?
9 gals are going... 2 runners, one run walker, and 6 walkers .... the two runners are in a corrall together, the runwalker and 6 walkers are in another corral together... I am by myself :( in #4.

What bands are playing?
a bunch... but Better than Ezra is the headliner.. we are not staying for he concert... we b going to eat afterward and celebrate :)

Do you get a shirt or a medal or both?
both!
Heres the medal I dont know what the shirts will look like for sure.. but i think they will be blue :)
I am nervous
- a bit about being in a corral with no one I know... but figure i can stay back and visit with the half marathon gang until just a few minutes before the start...
-about needing to go potty and loosing time
-about my right foot hurting (its been tender since i ran sprints last week but know its just cause I pushed hard.. should be fine by sunday)
-about my gals being happy and having fun! being able to find them after I finish!


-----even though this is my 4th half marathon its my first official half race i have ever done.. i have done 3 5ks ... so i am a bit nervous about having everyone in my corral pass me by .... I am going to try and just stay up with the pacer as long as I can hopefully it will be a lot slower than I have been running and I will have lots of energy left at the end :) ........

any more questions?? (ha)

Comments

Josha said…
Lots of great answers! Thanks! :)
Only one more: Can you fit me in your suitcase?
Sarah said…
'kay, Daylight Savings always confuses me, but it's spring forward... so... will you feel like it's 7 or 9? Who knows? I guess you do miss an hour of sleep either way -- that does totally stink and I bet the race organizers re-think that timing next year!

Go for it, girl! Keep on it!