I am on the SLEEP when you can RUN when you can Plan

Another long night last night... we both managed to sleep from 3am to 7am so that's a record.. I am hoping tonight is better but am prepared for it to be the same. So.. I am on the Sleep when you can Run when you can Plan :)

here is how it works...

1. sleep when you can
2. run when you can
3. feel better after finishing both


I got that 4 hours of sleep last night and then took a 3 hour "nap" this afternoon.... I say "nap" because it was filled with many interruptions.. coughing, dog barking, phone ringing, you know.. the usual.

After supper I ran to the grocery store to get a few things for the trip-track meet tomorrow my DD and I will be making. Came home, changed and headed out to get a few miles in. I really wanted to see if I could manage a 4 miler... it was AMAZING out tonight! 60 degrees.. NO WIND... and no one out... well... only about 10 people ... (more on that later)
I ran a mile and a half, stretched and at the 2 mile mark had to go potty... I seriously debated to just go home but decided to find a potty on campus... and i did.. after a short reststop... i headed back out and finished 4.5 miles :). wootwoot!

Highlights of the run:
  • the weather
  • the softball game and all the yelling (i pretended it was for me)
  • the couples walking
  • the two college gals who were walking in front of me and doing hand motions (practicing for their up coming performance?) ... as I passed by them on the grass... I scared them.. they screamed!!!! LOUD... I waved back to them and said "sorry".. and kept running... they laughed and laughed and laughed.... (it was funny) (mind you I didnt say boo or anything.. i just quietly ran by)
  • the 5 people and 4 dogs who took up the whole side walk (8 foot across)... i had to major detour around them with all 4 dogs barking at me....
  • the 15 passenger van carrying men who insisted on hanging out the window and screaming at me as they drove by... the back of the van had a sign on it that said "Pilot Car Follow Me". (no thanks).... I appreciate our highway department workers and I guess they were driving in after a long day of work... OF course could it be they though I was a highway worker too since I was wearing my flourescent brooks night life jacket? Hum....
  • coming home and hearing NO ONE COUGHING
:)

I am thrilled with the fact that this is the first time I can ever remember having a sick child, being low on sleep and still getting some runs in.... I would usually just skip it and wait a few days until i was "rested"... but I have developed a serious habit ladies. A habit for running. I get this urge like I do when I try to go to bed without brushing my teeth... i just HAVE to go run.... and when I do... I feel sooooo much better!






"Running makes me happy!"

(see)











now.. for pushups. spose to do 16, 17, 14, 14, 20 (YIKES)... will let you know if i make it through

UPDATE:
pushups done: 16, 17, 14, 14, and 15 instead of 20.. 15 was allllll i could manage.... arms are jello... so is everything else for that matter :)

Comments

Josha said…
we're on the same plan! Only today, I was sick, so I rested. Great job on the run and I loved the post and the theory that you might look like a highway worker. LOL
Amy said…
Good for you for getting your run in - in spite of the lack of sleep - I hope your son is feeling better very soon!