Run done before 715am!

up and out this morning for a quick 2 miler with Su. the sunrise was beautiful, the wind.. not so much ... it was a cool 54 degrees with a wind so I bundled up and hit the road :)
only 2 miles but it was at my fast pace.. the only bad thing is I am getting to where I dont like running with Su... Its funny... the longer I am a runner the more I want to be by myself totally and completely... no friends, no dog, no music... just me. I always wondered how those runners i saw out alone with none of that stuff could really enjoy a run.... but now I know. ... for me running is so much about being alone, in the quiet, with my thoughts .......I use to hate to hear even my foot steps, much less my heavy breathing LOL... what am i turning into??

now its time for co-op .. today is SWIM DAY! . we go to the local Y and swim, have lunch and come back for a movie and popcorn.. gotta LOVE swim day! :) ... then track tonight :)

its gonna be a good day!

quote a thon? any guesses as to who said these:

"Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion. The potential for greatness lives within each of us."

"The glory of sport comes from dedication, determination and desire. Achieving success and personal glory in athletics has less to do with wins and losses than it does with learning how to prepare yourself so that at the end of the day, whether on the track or in the office, you know that there was nothing more you could have done to reach your ultimate goal."

"What kind of crazy nut would spend two or three hours a day just running?"

Comments

Sarah said…
I always run alone. It is my time that is just for me. I lets me think about my week, what I need to accomplish,etc. Have fun at swimming!
Josha said…
I took Banjo with me for the first time in a long time today. It was fun. But I've gotten to where I sneak out without him noticing most days. :)
Josha said…
I don't know the other quotes, but the crazy nut quote is from Pre
Ruthie said…
you got it Josha..
any guesses on the other two?