Get off you tush Turkey Day 5k

Turkey drawing created my by son.. i just love it! :)


Well.. I had PLANNED to run with a group of gals from our track team this morning at 9am but looked at the weather last night and it said it would be 42 degrees so i called my friend and canceled because it was going to be soooo cold!... planning on maybe running with them later today.
WELLLLLLL
when i work up I had the urge to run. I felt the need to destress and get out of the house and be alone. (you ever have that feeling?)..
so..
eventhough it was 28 degrees outside I bundled up. I had 5 layers on top (a sleeveless shirt, a thermal long sleeve, a long sleeve polyblend shirt, a fleece long sleeve with a zipper neck and then a jacket.... leggings under my running pants, gloves, hat, and two pair of socks and I hit the road :)


here is right after :) I got a half mile in and had to take off the jacket... then got to the mile mark and had to take off the fleece got to the 2 mile marker and had to push my sleeves but.... I was nice and warm and LOVED the run! IT was AMAZING OUTSIDE ... NO wind.. and quiet! a few other runners and walkers were out so that was nice to see and wave hi! esp on turkey day! I even waved at the fat cowboy in the big truck with the handle bar mustache that stared at me when he drove by.. I knew I looked funny but i was out burnin me some stresss and it felt GREAT!

This is after I stretched! my first layer :)


And now.. from the way back machine is a photo i found of myself from long ago.. i was close to my largest at this point.. bad photo... but you get the idea.


What am i thankful for today?
my DH the love of my life and best friend!
my amazing kids who are a JOY to be with every single day!
my health and not being laid up in bed in pain like last year!
Being forgiven and the price that was paid for me.
all the little things in life, hugs and smiles from those track and coop kids, laughter from my children as they talk with their dad, my blogging buds who support and encourage me, time to just be, .. carrying less weight around :) .... running water, two toilets!, hot water :) and just a happy life!
I am sooooo blessed!

happy turkey day everyone!

Comments

Great job getting outside. It's never too cold to run!!
Josha said…
Yay! I ran in our Turkey Day Trot, too! Pics on my blog. It was nearly 20 degrees.