before and afters of a different kind and... two a days

HEY! This was me in the middle of the mess that was my boys room! Can you see the determination in my eyes???? I was focused .. LOL... I have been working since Saturday afternoon and it is ALMOST done!



Here are the kids and me with the hat.... starting to cover up the mural I painted when we first moved in. The room is clean at this point but I cannot tell you how much work it was to go through, sort and organize! I spent 2 hours just on clothes! We get hand me downs .. which are GREAT but they tend to pile up! When it was over... 10 bags of trash! (broken toys, and well.. trash! urgh) and boxes and boxes of things to garage sale or give away. I mentioned to someone I cannot believe the amount of stuff that my boys had when they have virtually no income! yikes. :)

Here is the final shot of the mural .... I wont miss it! I never finished it so it was always a reminder of something I hadnt finished.


another wall (this is where Nates bed will go when its done) this was to have horses running in a rainstorm.... never finished.


I could kick myself for not taking before pictures of the closet.... it was horrible! too much of everything and now its down to just THIS! i LOVE It!

The wall that use to have the rain storm...


The corner above I had just started painting! (these beds are new to us! got them for a HUGE deal from a lady and her husband who are in the military and are relocating... What a blessing these beds will be to my boys!) The clouds will be touched up and the leaves on the ceiling i will paint into clouds. Its funny how with the cow skull it reminds me of a Georgia O'Keef painting :) (I am an art teacher you know)

I told you it was 10 bags.... and THIS is after a half days work! I had the boys pull EVERYTHING out! It was the Clean Sweep method... a bit mess but gets it done! This was yesterday afternoon.


This is 24 hours later! whooowooo!


OK>> ENOUGH of that :)
Now you know why I didnt run my 6 miles this weekend ... I DID however go to practice 2 times today .. which is a regular Monday and Friday thing for me now :) We were thrilled to have 28 homeschool kids at our noon practice :) its growing and growing! I rain about 3 miles I figure... and it was LOTS of hills :) Then at 530pm practice I ran again and figure it as about 3.5 miles... both were LOTS of fun! We are running on a little golf course that is by some land that has trails back in a wooded area so it reminds me of the runs I had with Josha in Colorado (not near as beautiful but for west texas it works :)




Comments

JRo said…
Awesome! I am especially impressed that you ran in the middle of it all. When I help my parents with that kind of work, I am POOPED and do NOT work out! Isn't climbing ladders enough? hehe!
Ruthie said…
well, i must say that being an assistant coach makes my ability to make excuses a little less easy :) we have kids that range in age from 4 years old to sr in highschool... we have too many little kids that need help-watching to not be there :) PLUS... I LOVE IT! (i have soooo much more energy after practice :)
What a transformation! Those kind of tasks always seem so daunting. Maybe you can do my house next??
;-)