RWDC Before photos

well... THAT was fun (not). .. ok.. will it kinda was. But I must say the initial excitement that I could get it past my hips is gone. I WAS thrilled I got it past my hips.. but now after seeing it in the photos I am like.. ugh. Got some work to do.

One thing I have figured out is that in order to keep myself moving forward is to have a goal that I am passionate about and one that seems impossible too (like a marathon). This Challenge is just that. I NEVER thought I would ever get in this dress again. I thought being old and having kids meant saying goodbye to that size dress my hope to ever get in it again. But I have changed my mind. I CAN be the woman my hubby married almost 20 years ago.... and I WILL BE!


So.. here are just some snapshots from my wedding day which was almost 20 years ago in June.



And here are my before photos from today.

I figure it is really about 20lbs I need to loose in order to get back in it.. My tummy and chest are the two big issues.
I look at this above picture and just laugh. I mean.. a bow on my booty! .. ah.. 90s fashion was great huh? I guess I would rather it be on my booty than my head! When this is pulled together its anywhere from 2 to 5 inches I need to get off ...

So there it is. The reality of the changes I have made since my wedding day. Although I have made great progress in the last 3 years and I am NOT the size 16-18 I use to be... I still have some work to do.

My WDC # is officially a 4. (I can get it my arms in but cannot zip it)

My plan on how to get this 20 year older body back in that dress? I will continue to run (after my manditory rest from the marathon is over).. focusing on average of 4 to 6 miles as my longest runs. I will start doing sprint work alternating 2 to 3 times a week. I will do abwork like crazy and lift weights. AND... most importantly.. watch my calories and focus more on fruits and veggies.

My start date was Yesterday. Oct 1st.
I will take progress photos at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my end date will be Valentines Day (that's 19 weeks) ........( I decided that from now until June 1 was too long of a challenge for me.) .....I will then start a new mini challenge to go from Vday to June 1 (nine days before my 20th) to get me in a new little black or red dress to wear out with my hubby to celebrate)


So HERE's not letting that wedding dress get the better of me!




on the workout front.. I jogged a bit with the kids at track this morning, I will be doing a 2 mile walk-jog tomorrow as my "long run"... I am very surprised that this NO running thing.. only running for 20 mins is just killing me. I miss my runs. .... resting is no fun but must be done.

Comments

Unknown said…
super fun! you're going to look AMAZING in the dress when you're finished! It's beautiful!
Laura said…
the bow is hysterical! my dress had one, but i had it removed - i also got married a few years later.

you're going to look great!
runumother said…
What a great goal to set!! I was cracking up reading through your blog. After doing a marathon - this should be a breeze! I will keep checking in on you!