Ruthie's Wedding Dress Challenge


(yes.. that is me.. in all my styling 1990 fashion:)

Ruthie's Wedding Dress Challenge
(remember you can use a different dress if you would like to, a prom dress?
cocktail dress? or new dress you bought but can't get into)

Here is how it works:
  • Find your wedding dress! :)
  • Gather up the courage to try and slip that dress on.
  • Stand in front of a mirror and rate yourself on the Wedding Dress Challenge Scale below:
(1) can get past my calves
(2) can get up past my thighs
(3) can get it to my waist AND arms fit in sleeves.
(4) can do all the above but cannot zip it!
(5) can zip it .. but it's TIGHT!

  • Take a picture. YES. A picture of you wearing your wedding dress as it fits you today. You can choose front, back, or sideways but make sure you get at least one photo. If you think it just won't go on.. that's ok.. just hold it in front of you and snap a photo. Don't worry, you will be back in it soon enough! :) Post this picture on your blog or email it to me.
  • Provide a photo of you in your dress on your wedding day. (more than one if you have more would be great) . Post this to your blog or email it to me.
  • Decide on a Start and End Date for your challenge. Some may choose to have the date close to their anniversary or other date that is important to your marriage.
  • Share with the others how you plan on achieving your goal. What plan will you use to get you to where you need to be? Post this information on your blog or email it to me.
  • Take an after picture at the end of your challenge and post it on your blog or email it to me. Then gather your friends and family together and throw a "wedding" themed party. You could wear your dress! Invite your guests to wear theirs too! Get creative and have fun with it! Celebrate your accomplishment of being fit and feeling beautiful again!

PLEASE NOTE:

if you don't want to "go public" with your photos and post them to your blog, or if you don't have a blog, you can email them to me. I will make a Challenge email list and make sure to email updates and check in with you to see how you are progressing.

If you have decided to join in the fun ..
please comment below so I can add you to my list :)


(now i must go get my wedding dress out and get my photos taken.. today is day one for me :)

Comments

Josha said…
I want to participate, but I just don't want to take my wedding dress back out of its archival-ish packing (I did it myself..so hesitate to actually call it archival, but lots of trouble). I'm thinking what dress to use...
I'll have to dig into storage. I know I have some jeans. Could I end with a cowboy party?? :) Or work toward an outfit I would like but won't buy right now because I won't buy this size?? Not exactly a wedding dress challenge.
I love your 1990 'doo. My 1989 pics look very much like yours, only I look about 12. Odell looks 10.
Laura Odom said…
I'm game. Will work on pictures.
Ruthie said…
YES MAM! cowboy up and get in them jeans... same rules apply :) teheh.. yeeeeehaw!!!
Unknown said…
what a fun challenge! We had planned a wedding but I backed out cause I'm afraid of big crowds. Stupid i know! I ended up having a small ceremony with close family. I still have my dress so I think this would be fun!