not too good.

ok.. so here is the deal

Could it be the honey moon is over? you know what I mean. I am just in a funk. Cant seem to get my back in my groove and be excited about my plan. I felt like such a runner, such an athelete the last month before and a few days after the marathon but now..... well... See my list over there to the right? 2 misses. Not good for a first week "back". Here are my thoughts right now:

  1. I miss my alone time runs. I miss it just being assumed that on (insert a day) I would be running for a few hours. time by myself.
  2. I miss the warm weather. I am telling you, you might as well tell me its 20below if its in the 50s! I wake up cold and know its just my brain getting in my way of getting out the door.
  3. I dont know if I really like my plan.... I want to have some long runs (like 10 miles) or so on my list do.
  4. Track is great but I need to figure out when I can get my own workout in!
I know I know... I am just fussing.... If i would just have my stuff ready to go the night before and stop making excuses every morning then life would be so much better!

so.. track practice tonight, dont know how far or what we are doing.... I am exhausted from Co-op and will prob let whatever I do at track be enough for today but will do abwork when I get home.

will let know know when i am done.

might change my plan... need to figure it all out.... its all about what I like and miss compared to wanting to improve and get faster.... just dont know.

Comments

Jill said…
Hi, I found your blog and watched your transformation pictures - wow! What an amazing accomplishment, you have to be super proud of that!

We all have periods of ups and down; hang in there and remember what got you pumped to make the transformation initially .....

I will enjoy reading your journey!
Jae said…
Ruthie, its common to have a bit of a (hate to say this word) depressive time after reaching a goal. That may be what your experiencing. There's a fine line between pushing to get back on track (LOL!) and allowing the brain/body/spirit to relax and relish the success. Hang in there! Love, J.
I can totally relate! (I ran my last marathon the beginning of October and just shorter races since.) I run because I love to run. I race because 1. it gives more tangible purpose to all my running (I regularly run 50 miles a week, for fun!) 2. I do get a rush bettering myself in distance or speed 3. I do like to win. BUT, I miss just running. Just me running however many miles I want at whatever speed I want. Glad to know it's normal to just miss the simple act of running just to enjoy some peaceful time alone.
Josha said…
I'm so glad you piped up! I've been worrying over speed and the other day when I just ran 5 miles at the pace that felt good and looked around me at creation, I realized how much I've missed it too. I may never get any faster, and I'd really like to, but I loved my 5 miler and the 3 miles the next day and haven't managed the 400's or the tempo either....
peas in a pod
Cindy said…
I have the same thing happen to me when the weather turns cold. I've been waiting all morning to go for a run and the temp is still in the 50's and I'm cold and don't want to go even though I'll warm up as soon as I start running.