If I can run a marathon then I can.......

....

well.. if one thing I have learned through this whole marathon thing is that I am stronger than I thought I was and I can do more and be better than I thought I could be.

I guess this is what they mean when they say running a marathon changes your life. You see... I set out to run this marathon on my "own" and "alone" because it took away all the excuses. no $ to pay, no one else to be accountable too,,... etc etc..

well.. you see.. now this mind set has translated itself into my eating and nutrition. If i relate my eating to running a marathon. I would say that my eating is on the level of a 5k but I want my eating on the level of a marathon. (do you get what I am saying here?)

so... because of this desire, I have come to some decisions.

  • regular bread is officially off my list .. from tonight onward if I eat bread it will be THIS.
  • I will be striving to do the "Eat Clean Diet" lifestyle. I will lay out a plan (tricks) on how I will succeed to eat clean. I will probably use a gradual process over the next few weeks....
  • I MUST drink water like it is my medicine. I drink only one glass of water a day and I feel AWEFUL! Its drastic what the right amount of water does to my body (my blood pressure) and I MUST make myself drink water like it was a prescription from the Dr.
Lots of others things swimming around in my head but will share those another time....

I know realize now that EVERYTHING in my life will always be related back to that 26.2 miles. No Excuses. and my desire to be the best I can be, for me, and my family.
--------------------------
check this guy out
click here

Comments

Christy said…
Of course you know my angle on everything: food. So, take this for what it's worth! :-) Something you may want to consider is food allergies/intolerances. I know that a lot of people on my Celiac forum had issues with extremely low blood pressure before they were diagnosed. I wonder if other food allergies besides gluten might cause the same reaction? A food journal may help detect any patterns.