I left a housewife ............


and came back an ATHLETE!

OH how bad did I needed THAT run? it was a month's worth of pent up stress and frustration laid out over the 6 miles! (stress and frustration in terms of my lack of housewife expertise and always feeling like my home isnt ever going to be clean or organized) I ran a new route too and LOVED it! stopping by a garage sale after the first mile :) stayed for about 10 mins and left :)

this is WHY I need to run

  • by the end of the first half mile I am already destressing I can literally feel it leaving my body!
  • by the end of the first mile I am feeling more and more confident as my feet take each step
  • by the end of the second mile I feel 10lbs lighter
  • by the end of the third mile I am thinking I might can actually run 6 miles today.
  • by the end of the fourth mile I am feeling stronger and more fit than I have in 4 weeks
  • by the end of the fifth mile I am running taller and feeling relaxed
  • by the end of the 6 mile I walk into my home an athlete not the drug down worn out mom that left :) wooowhooooo!
I left feeling defeated and run down
I came home with energy to spare and positive thinking

I am telling you my friends the act of running is more than about the physical aspect of it all
its about believing in yourself again about being more than you though you could be and about realizing how amazing your life really truly is!

I dont need a pill
just a few miles under my belt!


now.. how was YOUR run today?

Comments

JRo said…
Love it. I run to remind myself that I am NOT defined by the state my house happens to be or not be in, as well as my cooking (lack of ) abilities. I am a runner, wife, mother. It is OK with my hubby and my kid and my God, so FINE with me!

Loved this post, so loved this post!