Enough already. Virtual Turkey Run Anyone?

OK... so I have decided enough is enough.

I feel my body is rested and ready to go again, ready to be pushed again,... and i have a plan.. :)

So, next week i will begin training for a 5k to increase my 5k time. I have not timed my 5k pace so I am not sure where I am .. but figure its close to 8 something a mile. I would LOVE to eventually get to where I was running a 7 min mile pace, but that might take a while to get to and a few months of training to try and get faster.

I will be using Hal Higdons plan (click here to view) and will post on the side bar my weekly schedule to help me keep track of what i am spose to do, and when. Getting my training in shouldn't be that big of an issue as we have track practice at noon on somedays and 530pm on some days... so I will be trying to get BACK in the habit of getting up and running first thing in the morning. The hard part is going to be getting myself over the fact that its fall and the cool weather its only going to get colder.

The plan is 8 weeks but I will run my 5k on Thanksgiving Day so I will alter it to a 6 week plan :)

With this AND the bit of running I do during track I am sure i will get some great workouts in for sure. :)

I will also get back in the "gym" and at least get some upper body weight lifting done and abwork in...... This will all be on my side bar schedule which i will organize later tonight (hopefully).

will talk about eats on a later post :)

gotta go... history, spelling and science class to do before track at noon! yikes :)

Comments

I like it! I love doing Turkey Trots! Get the food going then head out for a good run! It makes the pumpkin pie tasts that much better!!!