between the ears

That's where it begins you know... and for most people where it ends.

Being fit is a state of mind, literally. Its the ability to control your mind to a point where excuses and self doubt will not stop you from doing what needs to be done.

this morning I woke up cold. I am not sure what to do about this maybe I SHOULD go to the dr and get on drugs for this stupid low blood pressure. It is days like today that make me want to do that. If it wasnt for whats between my two ears and the goals that I have set then I would still be laying in bed. Physically the cold makes me draw up and curl that blanket around me and want to just keep dozing off, but mentally the cold just brings me down.

Today I was to get up and go for a 3 mile run outside about 630.. but it was still in the 50s and windy and dark. I ended up taking DH to work at 8am and then just sitting, debating on what to do... you see.. I DO have track practice at noon where I am sure I will jog atleast a mile or two with the kids... so mentally I kept thinking I will just wait and make that be enough.

I KNEW i would feel better if I would just shut up and DO IT. I told myself "its only 3 miles".... so I got on the treadmill and got it done. My left hip-leg was really tight at first but after 3 mins it worked its kink out... but then my lower left back just stayed tight... the last mile I really wanted to just walk.... but I kept thinking about how this is just negative thinking... I did a body check through out the last mile to bring my brain back to reality that YES i could keep running and NO i wasnt going to die of exhaustion. (HA). You would think after running 26.2 that 3 miles would be no big deal... but I am proof that our bodies adapt pretty quickly to whatever conditions we put them in... My body has adapted to rest. ... as a result that 3 miles was tough.

but i did it.

I feel better for it.

I am now fully awake and ready to take on the day.

I have no excuses. If the weather outside rears its head again as an excuse in my brain then the treadmill full erases that reason for NOT doing what needs to be done. This winter I might fall in love with the treadmill again.... I would rather run outside but a girls got to do what a girls got to do.

Today I do not feel like an athlete, I do not feel like a 'marathoner', I do not even feel like a runner...... but I am.....

Comments

Josha said…
yes, you are! Great work, my friend!
JRo said…
I hate the cold too. When I lived in my parents 100+ year old house (with drafts and wood floors) I would do lunges to get warm. Nothing, including running on the treadmill, got me warm to the core, even those darn toes, like lunges! Just my little tip.

Cold is so cruel to me that it even makes my extremities PAINFUL. I NEED 75+ degree weather to stay remotely comfortable! (But somehow I manage to run outside... hmm)

Good job killing the lies your head was trying to tell you!
Josha said…
tomorrow, girlfriend! You'll kill that tempo run tomorrow.