(UPDATE) 14 miles .. Why put off until tomorrow....

what you can do today.


so...

instead of running my 14 miles tomorrow... i am choosing to run it tonight.

DH surprised me with a quick trip.. we are leaving tomorrow morning.... thats when I was spose to run..... but..... if its gonna get done and I am going to not throw my running plan all out of wack.. then it has to be done tonight...

more after i finish... (prob around 10 or 1030)

ok.. got off a bit before 8pm.. as always first two were hard, 5 and 6 were great.. 11 sucked.. and 13 and half made me cry :)
my legs are shot.. i am exhausted but enjoyed running at night.

I loved how it got cooler as I went longer...
I loved how there were so many people out with there families and puppies
I loved how someones 7 or 8 year old boy came running along side me for about a quarter of a mile and when he pulled up to walk I shouted "good job".. he smiled.
I loved how I was reminded why I am doing this.. because I can.. so many people out with walkers, or canes, or so much weight I am in awe of how they can simply walk around the track.
I loved how I saw one wife stop and scratch her hubbies back and how the college boys and girls were out walking and talking as a date
I loved the moon
I loved the lighted fountain.
I loved that I kept talking myself into running and how the perfect song always came on.
I loved how when i reallllllly wanted to quit I noticed the scripture in the sidewalk that said "whatever you do .. do it with all your heart" .. so i did.
I loved that my sweet husband drove up there several times to check on me with the boys and a friend who is spending the night with the boys in tow....
I loved how my sweet husband drew a cold bath for me before I got home.
I loved that I finished it... and I cant imagine going any further.

what have I gotten myself into :)

Comments

Josha said…
ch-ch-ch-checking....
Josha said…
w-w-w-wow!
'sall I'm sayin'
Josha said…
funny how 8 miles suddenly becomes a short run
Amy said…
Congratulations and good for you for getting it done and enjoying it too!