morning run and nova marathon UPDATE!!

This morning was hard. Hard to get back into the routine of getting up and going for a run. I ran when on vacation but not first thing in the morning. So this morning was tough. It was also tough cause it was so hot and dry... even at 7am. I had planned on being on the road by 545 but DH had to work early this morning so i had to change it where i ran with the kids at track.

the first mile was the hardest. I couldn't find my rhythm my comfy pace was no where to be found. The second mile was better as a fellow track mom ran past me and motivated me to kick my pace up a bit. The third mile was with the children, i hung back with the little ones and that was sweet. The last mile was fast and I was happy to finally find my pace. I kept telling myself to run for the joy of it. I even started my watch at the beginning of the run and then stopped it by the second mile cause I wanted to not be concerned with how fast but how i felt! :)

Now that I am home and cooling down i feel so good :) Happy, relaxed and ready to start the day :)

I found this show this morning... below is a preview


you can watch it for free here


Just wanted to let you know I watched the whole Nova show and it was great! not too long and had some GREAT information about why running is so good for you and what it does to your body :)

Comments

Josha said…
Great job, my running and blogging friend!!