What to do

I am looking forward to a run tomorrow with just me and my ipod :) I still have the music loaded on it from my half so that will be fun to listen to again ....

I have been trying to decide what to do next. I have the thought of a full marathon.. but frankly dont really want to put in the hours for the long runs that it would require.... not yet anyway. I want something that will take me into the fall, the beginning of teaching co-op again and all that goes with homeschooling without the added time given to 4 and 5 hour runs :)

I want to do something for my birthday. I will be 41 in september. Last year I was training for the full marathon but this year I am thinking of something more like a biathlon ... biking and running combo. ... I love biking but have gotten out of the habit of riding.... but I think it would be cool to bike and run 41 miles on my birthday...... its just a thought and i am not sure if its even possible... but wondering if I could run a half and then bike the rest. I need to find some training plans and get an idea of if it's even doable or not by september.

I could also just simply run another half with a goal of cutting 41 mins off the time. THAT would be a huge goal and one i am not sure i could actually reach.

One thing that is MUST is gaining control of my energy levels again. As you know I had all these tests done and most led to the fact that I was diabetic .... the first fasting blood test that came back said i was boarderline diabetic but then the official results returned to the dr and said that all was fine.........I must say i was very surprised at the results as i felt AWEFUL during the testing....
so.
I am left with the fact that I am definitely sugar sensitive and my gut instinct tells me I need to give up white sugars. I remember when i was off sugar for a few weeks last year and felt GREAT! I was sleeping through the night, not having the food cravings or mood swings .......
My goal over the next 2 weeks is to gradually cut out the white sugar completely.
I have also decided to go 90% vegetarian for the next few weeks as well.

I am going to get this book from the library tomorrow


another thing that needs to be done is take a much closer look at my calorie count. there has got to be a reason for my not loosing weight like I did last year. If i keep track of my caloric intake (which i have never done) then i can either rule out or confirm my diet as a reason. I will try and find a nutrition book at the library to do this manually and the maybe use an online counter if i have time to fool with it :)



The over all question is what to do next.. but until i decide i will go out and enjoy running for the JOY of it :) and remember to stay focused on how good I feel now compared to laying flat on my back in Sept and Oct of last year :) Progress.... is sometimes slow... but still feels good :)

Comments

Josha said…
we blogged on similar topics...
I think the biathlon sounds great. I wish my bike was more "reliable." Maybe I can use Sara's! We could plan another virtual event!
hey..what is the green smoothie girl site? I wanna try!
Amy said…
I know what you mean about the slow progress - so far, after 5 weeks on BFL I have only lost about 3 pounds. So I decided I needed to be more structured on my eating, that's what led me to the Clean Eating Diet. One great thing about it is that it is all very healthy food and great for balancing blood sugar levels. Good luck with the nutrition side (which I think is way harder than the exercise!) and I am sure you will figure out a cool way to celebrate your birthday.