That ain't the way to have fun

One of the first songs on my ipod is "Momma Told Me" by 3 dog night...
I use to listen to it a few years ago when I was first starting out... when walking 20mins was something that felt horrible and i thought I could never finish.
I love this song...Not because I like to party :) Ha.... but because when I listen to it.. In my mind.. it's audio proof.. that I am crazy! That I shouldn't be doing this running thing.. and that I should listen to everyone else and Momma and "stop that!" ... but it also makes me smile.. cause... as I run... I realize.. I am experiencing something that is life changing and important....
and just because some people think it isn't fun... doesn't mean its not fun for me. It also reminds me "the craziest thing you've ever done".. that running can and will be hard... will not make sense everyday ... but just being up and out and able... is what its about. A celebration in the fact that I am different, a bit crazy.. and not going to settle for normal.



I ran 3 miles this morning before 645am.. and it was AMAZING outside. NO WIND, 70 degrees, wet road cause it rained last night, just peaceful. the sunrise was beautiful! .. after my 3 i ran home and got the kids and enjoy track cause I visit and walk with the other moms :) such a fun way to start the day!


oh a lighter note.... YIKES.. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOSORE!!!!!!
I think I have a funny walk.... no telling what my run looked like! oh .. after this video i am scared to think about it :)

Comments