I am strong, I am fast, I am free!

those are the words I kept repeating to myself as I struggled to finish running the last lap of my 4 miler this morning. It was hot, it was dry... and... it was hot :)

I set my alarm for 520 fulling expecting to wake up full of energy and ready to get out the door..
but i drifted back to sleep and woke up again at 615..... then.. it was too late to go by myself cause the kids have to be up and getting ready at 645 for track practice.
so.
I didn't start running until 707...

Excited to report that I ran the first 2 miles without stopping! After 2 miles I walked 10 steps! and then kept running. I did 2 more miles without walking :) and wow I was sooooo happy!

while I am at it.. I will add a few to the list in the title to help me on my next run:
"I am strong, I am fast, I am free, I am tall!, I am nothing but muscle, I am graceful, Nothing hurts, OH.. and I just left that extra 20lbs back there by the park bench!"

Comments

Amy said…
Good mantra! The same thing happened to my mom, with the alarm. Hate when that happens!