what? still? urgh


Remember how my DH and I decided to do our OWN biggest loser thing and went and weighed a few weeks ago..
I was so upset to find I was at 150lbs! which meant I had gained 20plus pounds since last August. I was bummed.

I have been working out and running and loving it again. I look forward to my workouts for the stress relief and time away:) ... I am also making progress. I am getting stronger, I am able to run farther for the most part, and my pants are getting looser.

So today we decided to go weigh.

First weigh in goes to the wonderful husband who lost 1lb.

I .. on the other hand.

still 150 lbs! URGH>

you see THIS is exactly why I hate the scale. Because it screams at me that I made ZERO progress. Back in the day I would have said "well.. shoot... forget it... alllll that work and NOTHING to show for it" .. but not anymore.

I know there are other reasons and areas I HAVE made progress. I also know that eventually all this muscle I have built over the last month is my fat burning machine and one day I will turn around and BOOM.. there is it.. the number I want to see on the scale.

So I say Poo to the scale. .. and to the #150.

I am strong, I am lean, I am making progress and...
WOOOOWHOOO I DID 10 MILES YESTERDAY

and not even the scale can take that away!

Comments

Josha said…
husbands...
they can lose weight by eating 3 less chips at lunch.
Amy said…
I agree, it's not a fair fight - men have a way easier time than us 40 something women. I've been trying not to let the scale get me down, but sometimes that is so hard.
Thanks so much for all your encouragement - I am so glad I tried things out this first week, and feel ready to take on the 12 weeks - even had my son take "before" pictures for me this morning!
JoAnn said…
Scale is not our friend. They and sugar are siblings ... UGH. Just keep doing what your doing, get your medical stuff checked out and move forward :) Remember: It'll be ooookaaaayyyyy love ya! J.