Motivation, the run, puppy pushups and more!

What a great morning! its HOT.. just the way I like it you know LOL...
this weekend we worked on relaying our floor and its so nice to wake up this morning to a nice new floor (again) ......all that to say I didnt get my upper body workout done..

this morning I walked a mile and ran two for a total of 3 miles for today... its my taper week so I am not going to do over 3 or 4 miles on my weekday runs. Saturday is my half marathon.. and I am a bit nervous about it ....I dont feel as ready as I did last year but I will give it my best and be happy to just finish :)

This week is my first article on the Happy Housewives Club.. click here to read the article on Motivation. This week I will be sharing the things that have motivated me to keep going.. to start over. I will post those at the end of my daily postings :)


You know we just love Su the super dog around here.. she is just smart as a whip and can do all kinds of tricks.. last week we worked on "puppy pushups".... its great for her .. see.. she is smiling! Its good for me too cause it add an extra 17lbs to my pushups :)




I am soooooo happy to report on the foods front
I am feeling the urge more and more to "just say no"....
Last week-weekend I said no to:My 12 year old daughter homemade (yes from scratch) chocolate cake
(this is not the actual cake but it looks a whole lot like it)


Yes.. I actually said NO to powdered donuts!... and YES they are still in my kitchen cabinet screaming at me... I am ready for my kids to hurry up and eat them so they will be gone!


One night last week DH took the kids for blizzards. You must understand I ate blizzards 2 and 3 times a day when I was pregnant with Jo.... I tried to hold myself back with Nate (my youngest) but I still ate WAY more than I should. You see Blizzards are my FAVORITE! But these days they hold no tempation for me (well maybe a bit).. because I have figured out that #1.. its just not worth it and #2 I am pretty sure I am lactose intolerant. (you mean those tummy aches I use to get weren't from just eating too much like I thought?)

So.. I said no. A victory for me although its not out of the norm for me to say no these days and I eat healthy most of the time ... temptations will ALWAYS be there... I try to count the cost.. not in calories but in tummy aches and in how long I would have to workout to burn those calories off. I have been working tooo hard to get rid of this baby belly to just eat crap and say "oh well"... Asking myself "does it taste so great that I would CHOOSE to have my belly hang over my pants?" .. I don't think so.


Motivation
.... I want to talk about what motivated me the very first time .. over 8 years ago to try and loose weight and get in shape. I think when it comes down to it.. back then.. it was PAIN that motivated me. I was in pain physically and mentally. It hurt to do ANYTHING.. I was exhausted and depressed. I was in my early 30s.. was this what I was spose to feel like?

I decided one day that if I was going to hurt anyway.. I might as well hurt on the treadmill walking. I might as well hurt getting out of bed from lifting weights as well as my other aches and pains. I had a feeling deep down that if I lost weight and took care of myself that I would feel better......and I did!

I also found motivation through before and after photos of other women who changed. When I looked at those pictures I said.. "IF they can.. I can". Having a visual image is so important for me. I took my before picture as the Body for Life program said too.... it was the hardest thing I ever did! Looking at what I had become.. but I tell you what......It MOTIVATED me to NEVER look like that again! Well worth the pain of seeing what I had become.



Comments

Josha said…
How smart is a whip anyway?
Great post! So excited that you are a happy housewife poster girl too!
Amy said…
Great post - as always, love your inspirational words! I'll be thinking of you on Saturday - a half marathon is a big deal, I hope you do well and have a great time and finish happy and feeling good! In the meantime, enjoy the taper!