Its really been 3 years???? wow.


I KNEW today was special. I could feel it. I had NO idea why. then I remembered.
THREE YEARS AGO today I gave it one more shot.

If you would have told me on that day that I would not only finish 12 weeks but complete a half marathon and now seriously considering sitting for my personal trainer certification, I would have said "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I CANNOT tell you how important this blog has been in my journey. For the friends I have made (some of whom I have never even met in person) who have encouraged me and held me together when I had every reason and excuse to give up. Three years of starting over. Three years of small and long term goal setting. Three years of hoping it was possible but wondering if I would actually make any changes. Three years of fighting with the food demons and health issues. Three years.

wow.

It goes by so very fast. I have learned that the journey to being fit and healthy can truly change who you are. It changes how you parent, what kind of friend and wife you will be, and your outlook on life. It changes you in ways I cant even explain!

Thank you dear blog.. and blogging friends for keeping me on this journey. What a blessing you have been in my life!


Now we are going to travel back in time :)




STARTING OVER posted June 18, 2006!

Starting over.. seems like I have done this a thousand times.. Tomorrow is Day 1 ... I will complete this challenge in September just a few days short of my birthday.. a gift to myself.. I want to complete this 12 weeks this time.. I have no excuses... no good reasons for stopping my last go round.. i just quit. so... heres to not giving up and for getting back up after been knocked down! -------------------- I went shopping today.. took 2 hours.. but I have meals planned out for a whole week.. I will have a section on here devoted to free day meals, and plan to post my meals and workout everyday.. I dont know how much i weigh.. or what my measurements are.. I will do that in the AM... before I workout..


DAY ONE SUCCESS June 19th 2006

Said many times today.. "They wouldnt call it a challenge if it was easy!"
The day started off by going to bed the night before REALLY late (due to husband having to go to work late).. The plumber showed up this morning around the time I was getting ready to workout.. surprise surprise.. we weren't expecting him until tomorrow! .. so it was off to lowes and home depot to get the tub and shower stuff .. Long story short.. as I stood at the fridge thinking about breakfast and that I couldn't workout this morning.. I SOOOOO wanted to grab a coke and head to McDonalds.. but NO.. this was the first time I thought.. NO>. That is why they call it a challenge" .. So with success of my first day behind me.. 6 meals down.. a clean and organized workout garage.. and a leg workout that came at 9PM instead of 9 AM... I am thrilled that I made it through without cheating (no cokes) and feeling GREAT!.. I will post meals later.. I MUST get to bed so I can get up and run in the Morning before the plumber gets here! :) Ahhh.. I LOVE a challenge!



HERES to THREE YEARS of starting over!
woooowhooo!




Comments

JRo said…
Congratulations again! You continue to inspire and keep a fire lit under your friends and blogging buddies. I am grateful to God for bringing me to your blog. Without you (and a running buddy God brought to me as well) I would not have run my own Half marathon. Thank you for making dreams come true, and showing others that dreams can become reality, if you work hard, and stay focused, never giving up!
Josha said…
hey...come to mention it, I wouldn't have run a half marathon either if it weren't for you. You inspired me to start over, and I can't thank you enough!! Here's to "The Other Half" next weekend! You inspired me to do it again!! wow. You got the power, girl!
David said…
Congratulations! David and I started another BFL challenge Monday. Five days down, 79 more to go! Thanks for your inspiration!
Amy said…
Good for you! What an amazing journey you have made. Keep it up - you are inspiring!