I am getting a Bump!

I know I shouldnt be surprised... I mean.. how many times have I started over.. how many times have I "lost" my muscle mass and rebuilt it again? .. but .. it's always exciting to see the beginnings of a a bump :) I am so excited to see the muscle returning again! I am still feeling stronger everyday and know its just taking it one day at a time and doing what I can that day that will make a difference :) see the little bi bump? :) yipee.

Thanks to Chrissy (below) I did a new Bicep curl workout today and it felt great!




Evolution of a green smoothie :)

ice-water-banana-spinach

added strawberries-blueberries

and blend until a happy color pink!
Now, what man woman or child would not look at that and say YUMMY, never realizing there was spinach in it! so cool! So happy I learned about greensmoothiegirl.com... (thanks JRo) ....

ok.
now for my workout update
I took 2 of the kids to track practice this morning and then came home to lift weights with my hubby :) ... I returned from dropping the kids off and had to get shoes on and drink some left over smoothie :) then i did :

Chest: flies 12. 10.8.6 (going up to 25lbs SIX times!!!! woowhoo)
Chest press as burnouts
Shoulder flies (12.10.8.6)
Shoulder press (24 burnouts)
Back: Lat Pulldowns (12. 10. 8.6)

Then it was time to go pick up the kids...
When we came home the kids and hubby were hungry.. well.. and so was I.. so i made Eggs and toast and after eating I returned to the garage to finish my workout.

Bent over rows (24 burnouts)
Bi curls: 12. 10. 8. 6 (like the video above)
Bi seated hammer curls: (24 burnouts)
Triceps: laying extensions (12. 12. 12. 12.)
Triceps: seated over head two handed extensions

Jello arms feel soooo nice !

I am really looking forward to my 10 miles tomorrow morning.. plan to get up at 545 and leave the house by 6 or so :) I hope its foggy tomorrow morning like it was this morning :)

Comments

Josha said…
super-fun post. Cute, tough bump. loved the evolution of a smoothie.
Josha said…
oooooh, and can't wait to hear about your 10 miles! I run 8 this weekend...the beginning of my taper.
Anonymous said…
loved the video bicep curl tip! I'll be trying that for sure on my next bicep day! the smoothie looks like a sure try also...what a great way to get your greens in!!
keep workin' that bicep bump!!!
so glad you are doing so well. it sure has been a rough year. we will press on!!
Josha said…
Ten miles? Foggy? green smoothie recovery shake? a wonderful kind of tired? long soak in the tub? advil? what gives?