Half Marathon Freedom Run 2 :)



Yikes I stayed up WAY too late last night... 11pm! ..

so.. this morning.. it felt REAL early!



I should have been running by now!
Su was ready to go!

When I left it was dark! I did 4 miles with Su.. and was surprised to find a few other walkers out that early. I got on the road about 540ish. I brought Su back after 4... and headed back out.
Miles 5 and 7 was ok.. nothing to holler about :) ... but I am telling you..
MILE TEN brought me to tears.

I knew I would finish... I knew I would finish!

I saw my mom at mile 11. She was walking with a friend. Told her I was on mile 11 and she said "WHAT!"... "BE CAREFUL! ... get a drink!" (dont you love moms!)

Mile 11 wasnt too good... It made me want to quit... I wanted to stop. But I kept going...
I wanted to run mile 12 and 13 .... but had to walk just a few times. But I was almost done....

so I kept going.


I did it!
13.1 miles in 2.27... just a few minutes beyond my last years time... the ironic thing is I felt so much better at the end of this run than last years. I felt like I could have kept going if I needed too!

I did my play list last night but did work a whole lot on the order of songs.. it just so happened that that mile 11 when I wanted to stop.. the song that reminds me of Josha started playing. and I said "ok Josha.. lets go then" in my head.. :) ..and I said..."ok.. pick it up girl" :) and i did :)

Was it fun?

In a way... more surreal that fun i think.... There is a freedom when you go out and do something like this... time seems to just stand still... you are alone with your thoughts and dreams....you feel like you really could do anything!

Wooooowhooooo!




LOVE the Motions song..
click here for Matthew West's site
click here to make your own Motions Resolution

Comments

Sarah said…
YAYYYY Go Ruthie! So proud and inspired!!!!
Josha said…
You're the best!!! I know I can do it now! And the song thing...thanks. You just confirmed the other part I was thinking of for our t-shirt decals...sort of a catch phrase I was mulling over. I'll surprise you with it! I absolutely loved reading your post and I'm about to read it again!
Amanda said…
Wow, that's so awesome!!! And what a great time!!! Congratulations!
camille said…
I am SOOOOO proud of you! Thanks for posting this so we can celebrate with you!You are an incredible inspiration!
Anonymous said…
Ruthie, Awesome job with the run!! You are a true inspiration for "never give up!" Joyce Meyer has a new book out by that name ("Never Give Up!"). A must read!! Keep pressing on!! am so proud of you for doing just that...pressing on!
Anonymous said…
p.s. I forgot to say that I so love Mathew West's song, Motions!!