FINALLY! 4 miles on a weekday!


first run in the new shoes :)


wow. I am tired.

Cat woke me up at 530 asking to go to the 6am track practice. I wanted to go run then but my DH needed the car, so I just dropped her off. I came home folded 2 loads of laundry, started another, and got ready to run. DH came back from work and took us to the track.

I decided I REALLY wanted to do 4 miles today. Its seemed impossible the last few weeks to break that 3 mile mark. I would have NO energy, issues breathing, or .. .. something else. (all from the low blood pressure I suppose).

So this morning I was determined. Walk run or crawl I was doing 4 miles on a week day!

I ran 4 laps around the track. Told the kids I was leaving and headed to run a lap around campus. (2mile loop). After the 2 miler I came back to the track and did 4 more laps.
the last mile wasnt easy. I stopped, then walked, then talked myself back into running. Its such a mental game .... it really really is.
"Good grief... why are you walking?"
"because I am tired"
"its ok to be tired... just keep going"
"but i am tired.. i want to quit"
"inventory check time then girl.. what hurts?"
"uh.... knees? good, legs.. kinda tired but good, side stitch? no"
"so its all in your head huh?"
"yeah"
"then start running again"
"ok"

thats it. a brief moment inside my brain :) .. (no its not all just blond roots!) LOL

after the 4 miles the kids track coach was doing aerobics with the kids.. so I joined in. Yes. I was the only mom doing this with the kids.... we did about 4 mins of jumping, situping, toe touching.. you name it... coach was about to kill me.. .. then we were done :)

I am looking forward to getting to run at 6am next time. It was BEAUTIFUL out when I took Cat to practice! Made me miss running that early :)


su makes me feel REAL bad for not taking her..... maybe next time :)

....
(durn scale)

Comments

Amy said…
Congratulations! Those mental victories are so important. My brain is the muscle that gets in my way most of the time, too!
Josha said…
success is sweet! acai juice, eh? I keep wondering about that stuff. Maybe I'll get some.